With a little help from my friend…

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat With a little help from my friend…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Preston
      Participant

I was messing around with my 50mm at f/1.8 just to see what it can do.  I’m overall pleased with its low light abilities and overall image quality.

The cat pictured “helped” me edit this.  Managed to crop and rotate before I could kick her off my keyboard. 

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Your cat is gorgeous and that lens is one of my favorites for sure, it’s versatile and great for both indoors and outdoors shoots!

Preston
        Participant

Thanks Jasenka.  She photographs well when she stops moving.

I had a professional photographer tell me to buy a nifty fifty and don’t take it off my camera for a year.  One of the best pieces of advice ever.  By far my favorite way to shoot now.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Preston.
      Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

That’s a great image Preston and your cat is cute 🙂

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Now that’s a truly useful advice. Getting to know a lens at that level will transform your way in seeing the world. Oh, and I love the portrait, thanks for sharing mate!

Preston
        Participant

Starting agree with the advice Federico.  I definitely notice that my process changed to accommodate the lens.  The limitations are fun in a way!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar