Woodland Skipper.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Watkins 1 day, 18 hours ago.

• Author

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful Dave. It’s eye (I believe) looks like a tiny wooden button 🙂

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia. One of the things I find so interesting about butterflies is that up close they look so fragile. Skinny legs, skinny wings, skinny antennae and proboscis. They get attacked and eaten by spiders, lizards, birds, dragon flies, wasps and more. And not only as adults. Their eggs, pupae and caterpillars provide sustenance for many critters. And yet they keep chuggin’ along. They play a critical role in our environment that I’m just beginning to understand.

Sorry about the rambling. Let’s try that again. Thanks Dahlia. I appreciate the comment. 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

Thank you for that Dave. Interesting to learn about what is around us and I am happy that you shared your knowledge. Looking forward to more insect and flower photos from your garden 🙂

Tersha
    Keymaster

Lovely shot Dave, great detail, as are most of your shots. I’m curious to know what lens you’re using?

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Diane. Most of my bug shots are taken with a Pentax 55-300mm PLM on a K-70. Then cropped quite a bit in post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.