Can't teach an old dog new flicks. :)

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Can't teach an old dog new flicks. :)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tonytee
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @tonytee

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello to all,

My name is Tony J. Tarquinio and I have been into photography since around 1975. Can anyone say, YIKES? Tony, you mean they had cameras back then?
        When you went to school, did they have history? I may not be over the hill, but from where I am standing, I’d say I have a pretty good view.

Anyway, I am really thrilled to be here and looking forward to having some fun while being educated in what I think is the greatest activity ever. Well, maybe there are one or two activities that are rated a little higher perhaps. My father had several cameras, a Kodak Instamatic, Kodak Brownie and the creme de la creme, a 2 1/4 square Rollei. When I was three years old, it was Easter and of course I had to have new clothes because we were going to have our pictures taken. My uncle had taken a photo of me and father kneeled down beside me. I still remember that day the photo was taken. I really miss my Dad, he had the blackest head of hair you can imagine and it was all there right up until his death. We were both really proud of each other. Well, that is how I became interested in photography and it has never left me since. Thanks for reading, and allowing me to come onboard.

Tonytee

David Sill
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @dsillsailing

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome. Thanks for sharing some personal history. What are your interests now? Landscape? Portraits? Still life? Nature? Or … ???

Tonytee
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @tonytee

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello Mr. Sill,

Thank you for your question. Actually, I still enjoy all of the above. However, most recently I seem to be drawn to flowers such roses, red, yellow and white. I also very much enjoy shooting cactus or what is commonly referred to as succulence (I think that is how it is spelled.) In addition, I am leaning to cityscapes and people. I am not sure yet of whether to shoot color or B&W. I would imagine that B&W would be the obvious choice since the majority of downtown areas are not much more than concrete and glass. I have recently taken the plunge from film to digital. My digital is a Nikon D70 which I was fortunate enough to purchase with only 1015 shutter clicks and that count was verified. I have to say that this Nikon D70 is, “Most Impressive.” I have 5 Nikon AF Nikkor lens and all of them are compatible with this D70. I also have a Nikon SB-24 Speedlight which I managed to work with the D70. It will not work with TTL, but it does with M or A program mode. Thanks for reading. Tony

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author