Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stamper4evr
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @stamper4evr

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I’m Peggy. I first got interested in photography through my dad. He was an amateur photographer and had a collection of camera’s. He taught me the old school settings on Nikon film camera’s. Unfortunately, that was so long ago, I don’t remember anything. But I was hooked, and still am. I just never pursued it like I wanted to, and now I’m ready. At the ripe old age of 47. I can’t afford to go to photography school so I’m trying to get as many pointers as I can to make my photography better. Dad also subscribed to National Geographic and I have always been amazed at the quality of the photographs. I also like the Missouri Conservationist’s photographers. I just finally got a Nikon D3200 camera with two lenses. It’s the best camera I’ve ever had, even though it my be small time to some, I’m extremely excited about it and want to learn all I can. I’ve done a newborn photo shoot and 2 mo. old photo shoot of my new grandson. A maternity photo shoot, and an engagement photo shoot. I’ve been asked to photograph a small wedding and am scared to death! Well, that’s about it about me for now.

John Thompson
          @nikon-nut

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello Peggy @stamper4evr and welcome to Light Stalking. A d3200 is a nice camera and will be a great camera to learn on. Learning your camera is the top most important item when you are new. Learn what it can do and, more important, how to do it. The great thing about understanding your camera is you can do it at home. I would highly recommend that you look at the posts on the Shark Tank here at Light Stalking. It is a forum that our participants use to have their images critiqued. It is a great way to learn key points of photography like, composition, lighting, depth of field and exposure.

Again, welcome.

Stamper4evr
            Participant
              @stamper4evr

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thank you John. I am reading up on the camera and lens information brochures now. It’s a lot of reading, but worth it. I’ve become too accustom to Nikon’s point and shoot camera’s. I have some catching up to do.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author