Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynna
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @lynna

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I’ve had a thing for photography since I got a Polaroid instant camera for my 13th birthday in 1978. I dabbled with photography for years, mostly with point and shoots. I bought a Panasonic Lumix a few years ago and started to explore the manual options.It was then that I realized that I could take decent photos and could explore creatively.

I got a Nikon 3200 for my birthday in June and have spent the summer practicing. I seem to be taking two steps forward and one step back, but I’m loving it and learning as I go. My grandfather dabbled in photography and had many books with photos that stood out to me. I recall being taken with Ansel Adams, Tetons and The Snake River. There was something about it that inspired me. It was the angle, the shape of the river, and the wild but gentle beauty about it.

PhotoRob
        Participant
          @photorob

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi Lynna!

Ansel did some serious post-processing on his shots, if you’re in the market for an inexpensive mono-conversion and styling package check out SilverFX Pro (formerly NIK software, acquired by Google a year or so back)…

John Thompson
            @nikon-nut

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello @lynna welcome to our website. I think we all have the feeling of “one step forward and two back”! But the feeling of getting it right and to have your piers tell you that you got it right is a wonderfully rewarding feeling. I look forward to seeing some of your postings. Welcome.

Tersha
            Keymaster
              • https://www.flickr.com/photos/diane_rose/
              • Allows Edits: Yes
              @tersha
              • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
              • Mobile Maestro Icon
              • Contender Icon
              • Member’s Pick Icon
              • Throwdowner Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

Hi @lynna , and welcome to the site….

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author