Hello. I'm a young, and aspiring photographer

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Hello. I'm a young, and aspiring photographer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MorganElizabeth
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @morganelizabeth

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

The site is telling me to talk about the first photograph that reeled me into photography, but I don’t know if it was a single photograph, or the act of taking pictures that sold me. A few years ago I was hiking with my family, and my mother’s friend’s family. Maria was my mother’s friend. Her husband does photography and had a camera with him. He knew I had a creative mindset, and was interested in most artistic things, so he allowed me to try out a bit of photography with his camera, all the while teaching me a few features and tricks. Ever since that weekend photography has been my passion. I wish to major in it when I go to college. Sadly, I live in a small, poor town with limited photo opportunities. I try to take pictures whenever I am able, and some can be very beautiful. My point is it wasn’t a single picture that piqued my interest in photography, but being able to experience it for the first time, and wanting to do it all the time ever since.
        If you got to the end of this small story, thank you.

Rob Wood (Admin)
        Keymaster
          • https://instagram.com/lightstalking
          • https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightstalking
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @admin-2
          • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Contender Icon
          • Socialite Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to the Tank, @morganelizabeth – upload a shot or two and start sharing!

Albirder
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: Yes
            @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

You are so lucky! You have a lifetime to develop and enjoy your passion. People are people, MorganElizabeth. Rich or poor we all hope for good lives filled with love and family. We hope to be proud of our work. We all get discouraged and we all feel triumphant. I encourage you to develop that theme in your photographs of people in your town. Prove to us that that people who may be different than we are in some ways are really like we are in the important ways. A powerful photograph is the beautiful photograph. Even in a small, poor town there are other opportunities for beautiful photographs. The most interesting photos of architecture are not necessarily the tall, elegant buildings. And a lone flower in an otherwise desolate location speaks volumes. So, go take pictures all the time! I look forward to your posts.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author