Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jmcpheeters
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @jmcpheeters

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

…I wasn’t in love with photography. My family’s lineage is full of photo buffs, apparently. Not that any of them were particularly skilled at it. But it influenced me in that I can’t remember not being taken with the idea of making photographs of people and events and scenes or ‘happenings’. And today, at 59 years old and semi-retired enough to embark on a much more serious photographic journey, I’m enjoying the technology, the craft, and the art more than ever. My favorite subjects are scenes around where I live in Kansas, as well as travel destinations and wildlife. I also enjoy candid photography at events and have some regular ‘gigs’ I’ve been associated with for many years now, which is fun to be able to look back and see people and places change over time. Oh, I should take back what I said about family members with little skill – there is one Michael McPheeters who is very distantly related and lives near me who is an accomplished National Geographic photographer. But other than that… I have just been a hack who is finally getting serious about becoming a better photographer.

Sarah-Jane Field
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @sarah-janefield

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi, I jumped in here yesterday and posted one image with some helpful feedback already. Hope you enjoy being here.
          SJ

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author