Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      michellewrobinson
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @michellewrobinson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi, I am a teacher and wanna be photographer that enjoys taking pictures for friends and family in my spare time. Like a lot of mom-ographers, I know lots of others that enjoy the same hobby. Sometimes I feel like my pictures measure up, might be a little better than some while not as good as others. I’d just like an outside opinion on whether or not I’m on the right track.
        Thanks,
        Michelle 🙂

Steve
        Participant
          @sbeattie

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Michelle, you nailed it with the young girl looking up (1833?). I find that there is too much in focus for portraits with the other pictures. It could easily be remedied with a little vignette. What equipment are you using?

michellewrobinson
          Participant
            @michellewrobinson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am using a Nikkon D3100 with a 50mm lens. The newborns are obviously indoor with just basic lighting equipment. I went through a vignetting phase, but have toned it down a bit recently. What type of vignetting would you recommend?

michellewrobinson
            Participant
              @michellewrobinson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I have been needing feedback dealing with skin tones/temperature and the amount of exposure and lighting I am using. Some people prefer more or less, what do you think?

Steve
              Participant
                @sbeattie

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I don’t really do any post-processing to my portraits. I use my 50mm indoors with a diffuse flash and outdoors I use a 40mm (canon) but I think I just get closer to my subject. This creats a natural blurs around them.

Your picture of the girl really focused on her eyes and I felt drawn towards the picture because of that. I think if you use a blur vignette, don’t fade to black or white, on the other pictures and it will draw the focus to your subjects face/eyes.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author