Macro most important tips, tricks, etc. are welcome, thanks !!

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Macro most important tips, tricks, etc. are welcome, thanks !!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jerzy111
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @jerzy111

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi:
        My name is Jerzy (like a New Jersey), and I got involved in photography after seeing
        black & white photos of Dean Martin, so that was a long, long time ago. Later on I did
        a bunch of landscapes, then the Kids came, etc. For last 2 1/2 years I’ve been doing lots of close-ups cathaloquening (???) a lot of coins, stamps and jewelry for friends.
        That’w how I got to the Macro, and trying to get as much info, tips as possible.
        That’s my latest love affair…….

tcm25
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tcm25

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hey Jerzy,

Always use as high of an aperture as you can, especially if you’re not shooting parallel to your subject. This will help you to get more of your subject in focus, which is difficult in macro because the depth of field is so shallow. Another way of doing this is to take multiple shots of the same photograph at different focus points, then merge them through software. this technique is called focus stacking and although it’s more work, the results are well worth it.
          Hoper this helps!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author