Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boldchan
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @boldchan

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

This summer I went to Qinghai province, China with my family.It’s sunset when we arrived at the Qinghaihu Lake. By the lake the vision was very open, no buildings, no mountains nearby and the sun is near the horizon. So I shot this picture for my sister.
        https://500px.com/photo/81015985/%E5%BD%B1-by-paul-chan?from=user_library
        When I uploaded it to 500px, I received likes and favors more than I can expect. Since then, my journey in photography began.

Mario
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @nanyar

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Good morning,

Nice shot.

A couple of things why this one didn’t make it into my top 10.

The black soil takes almost 1/3rd of the whole photo. That’s way too much.

The grass silhouette on the left interrupts the horizontal line and creates tension. Because of its size it competes with the main subject, the girl. I would crop off from the left and the bottom.

In the hair one can vaguely recognize the beautiful yellow light of the sun. Your edit took away all of the atmosphere. Get the yellow back in the sky, but gently.

All the best.

boldchan
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: No
              @boldchan

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thanks for your tips。I will try it later.

Honestly I’m very surprised to receive tips in the Internet. Most cases I just receive comments like “good picture”,”good job”,etc.Thank you again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author