Alfred Lockwood
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @alfredlockwood

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Nadira - Seated Portrait

Nadira - Seated Portrait

Hello everyone.  I’m new to the sight, but understand if you want an honest critique and what can be improved, this is a good place to come.  This was a two light set up using soft boxes with grids … one in the front at 40ish degrees, and one in the back opposite.  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

chris pook
        Participant
          • https://www.instagram.com/christopher.pook/
          • https://www.flickr.com/photos/pookies_pics/
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @chrispook
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Contender Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

I like that. Really nice, technically – little to criticise. We could talk about light placement, but that is just a matter of opinion. On the down side, I cannot take my eyes off her shoe sock. Once I have seen it, I cannot stop looking at it. Nicely done though.

Tobie
            @tobiepsg
            • Contender Icon
            • Throwdowner Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

A bit of shine which surprises me as you were using softboxes. Caused by ambient light perhaps? Other than that (and the sock) quite a nice shot.

PS: For crit’s rather use the Shark Tank – that’s what it’s there for and where the sharks wait on shots to scrutinize. A lot of them might miss your post because it was placed here.

Rob Eyers
            Participant
              @reyers
              • Mobile Maestro Icon
              • Contender Icon
              • Member’s Pick Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

I agree with Tobie about the shine(the side of her face). The light in the back is possibly a bit too hot…would like to see it positioned a littler higher too so there is more rim light on top of her head. The side of the chair (viewer’s left) could be brought down a bit…either flagged during the shoot or burnt a bit in post. (and the sock)

Obviously you know what you are doing…very nice image. Look forward to more of your work in the shark tank. It’s always great to have another opinion so please add in some critiques of your own there.

Alfred Lockwood
              Participant
                • Allows Edits: No
                @alfredlockwood

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thanks everyone.  I will be sure to post in Shark Tank.  That was my intention, but I’m new to the site and accidentally posted here.  Thank again.  It’s very helpful to get honest critiques.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author