Slow Beginner

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9y ago by dennis12.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dennis12
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @dennis12

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am in my 60’s and just decided it was time I learned how to take pictures I would actually want to keep. Have had several point and shoots and bought Rebel 5Ti last year – first outing was absolutely horrified at how awful the picts were – all on auto. Having started investigating, I am amazed at the work that goes into producing nice photos! Really enjoy looking at good photos and hearing what camera, settings, and other tools are used to produce them. (Suppose my answer to your second question is that it was my photos being awful instead of great that turned me into trying to be a better photographer!!!!

Your web site seems easy to navigate and I am looking forward to being a new member.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking, Dennis. There are so many ways to grow as a photographer on LS. The tutorials are excellent. I generally read them on Facebook, but they are available on this site. Certainly you will learn a lot as you participate in SharkTank both as you give critique and get it on your submissions. It is recommended that you give critique first to get familiar with the process. We also have non-critique forums. They are fun and they will help you grow. Look through your photo gallery. If you have have a photo that fits the theme, and it is a broad theme, for the weekend Photography Challenge #230 Closed Up, join us with your first post.

dennis12
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: No
              @dennis12

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am trying to reply to Albirder’s nice welcome, thank you for such good advice. I am figuring out my way around this site and will try to post a picture soon. I am fairly thick skinned so looking for some good pointers for improvement.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author