• Author
      Laurel-Anne
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @lanne

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hello all,

I’m brand new to Light Stalking, and have been playing with my new-to-me Nikon D5000 for only a few months. I’m trying to learn the camera and my software (Affinity Photo beta) basically on my own, and am so glad to have found this group.

As for the first photo that got me hooked on photography – that is tough because I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t interested in photography. I was able to dabble in it a bit 20 years ago, but didn’t get much beyond the basics of exposure and composition. Trying to get back into it now feels almost like starting from scratch.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking! It seems to me that there is no limit to how much you can learn from this community. I suggest you go to the SharkTank Forum and look at the pictures submitted and the critiques. I encourage you to comment, also. It is so important for a photographer to understand how viewers, from professionals to even non-photographers (maybe especially!) are evaluating their photos. I encourage you to find a Forum and start posting. SharkTank is the only critique forum. My personal favorite is the Mobile Monday Forum. It is limited to mobile photography. I suspect the limitations of an IPhone camera are making me a more thoughtful picture taker! We also have the ever popular Landscape Forum and for all else, the General ChitChat Forum.

John Thompson
            • Allows Edits: No
            @nikon-nut

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi @lanne and welcome to Light Stalking. I think I just critiqued on of your photos in ST. This a great place to learn photography. Not so much be tutorials (although we have some) but it is more hands on and doing. No matter how much you read you have to get in the field and get your hands dirty. Again, welcome.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author