Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rfnikon
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @rfnikon

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am a retired dentist. Practiced for more than 40 years. I have been involved with photography for more than 60 years. Started using what I could afford in 1956. I bought a Ricoh Reflex camera for $25 and used it for several years. Ultimately converted it to accept 35 mm film. While in the military service, I bought a NIKON Rangefinder S2 in the PX. I was then captivated by the NIKON system. After I was able to afford a ‘real’ camera, I bought the NIKON F in 1959. Became a NIKON collector and accumulated over 100 NIKON Rangefinder cameras. I loved the NIKON SP Black with the motor drive. Stayed with NIKON until last year, when they became too heavy for me to carry. I am 81 years old. Now I moved on to the micro 4/3 Olympus EM-D OM-1 camera, with a bevy of prime and zoom lenses. As I adapt to this camera slowly beginning to enjoy using it. So any of the images I submit will be from this new camera. Although I do have more than 50,000 slides from my NIKONS that I shall scan in time.
        During the time that I was shooting KODACHROMES, I was enamored by the photographer named Jay Maisel. I have since become friendly with Jay and as we are both octogenarians and NIKON users (he still is with his NIKON Ds.)

Ellewoman
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @ellewoman

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Wow 60 years and 50,00 photos…I am impressed!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author