Fiery-throated Hummingbirds in Flight

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Photography Throwdowns Fiery-throated Hummingbirds in Flight

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Adshade
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @dadshade

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

This is the most fantastic photograph and I had to share it with everyone on behalf of Raymond Barlow who shared it publicly on Google+
        https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112400934564866517730?pid=5981421440968361634&oid=112400934564866517730

Tersha
        Keymaster
          • https://www.flickr.com/photos/diane_rose/
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tersha
          • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Contender Icon
          • Member’s Pick Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

@dadshade, I clicked on the link, but couldn’t see it because I don’t have a Google account….

David Adshade
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @dadshade

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Oh dear @tersha – seems that google are attempting to take over the world! Anyway, I found him on Flickr for you. If you don’t already know him, have a look at his other photographs too – personally I think his work is astounding Fiery-throated Hummingbirds

Tobie
              • Allows Edits: Yes
              @tobiepsg
              • Contender Icon
              • Throwdowner Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

Nice! These kind of pics usually come from mega expensive prime lenses but this one was taken with a zoom lens – and at 3,200 ISO! It gives me hope…

Also interesting to see that he could successfully freeze these wirring wings at 1/2000s. I would have thought it’s too slow.

We can learn from his example re. a little story & exif data going with the pic. I’ve stopped counting how many times someone plonked a pic into the ST without anything else and my first thought is ‘WTF…?’ (OK, without the ‘F’ – it’s not my style), LOL!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author