Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Pamela Winter
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @pamelawintergmail-com

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi there! Although I’ve been on Lightstalking for a few months, I’ve never taken the time to introduce myself. I don’t know why I didn’t, I just jumped in.

I’m Pamela Winter, now a resident of Florida, USA. Just prior to moving to Florida (in January 2018), my husband, my cat and I lived in a motorhome and traveled the eastern half of the US. We sold our home in New Jersey and everything in it and hit the road. It was a lot of fun and we saw some truly amazing things and places but ultimately, the three of us felt we missed having a home.

I started taking pictures at the age of 13, after being inspired for 10 years by National Geographic Magazine. Somehow, I never quite achieved what I had seen in the Magazine nor what was before me. I guess a 13 year old with a Brownie box camera is at a distinct disadvantage.

I am still inspired by National Geographic but now retired with a bit pricier toys, I still take photos. I began wedding photography 30 years ago and left it behind me 3 years ago. (Enough is enough – and I’m not a masochist.) I found the business end of photography left me practically no time to photograph.

I worked as a staff photographer for a local California newspaper, been published and won awards. Here’s a secret: during a White House press event, I found out President Bill Clinton is extremely difficult to photograph with his mouth closed! 😀 Another secret: it is more difficult to obtain credentials and entrance to photograph a Grand Prix race than it is to gain White House press credentials! 😮

I still take an occasional portrait but now I lead a photography club for my community, teaching others how to see and I sell images to stock houses. I always carry a camera with me because beauty is all around us and let’s face it, photography is my super power. Yes, I can stop time and preserve it forever!

Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Glad to meet you!!

Robert Apple
          • https://www.instagram.com/robert.apple.98/
          • https://photography667a.myportfolio.com/
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @robertapple
          • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Contender Icon
          • Member’s Pick Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Nice to know more about you Pamela.

Rob Eyers
          Participant
            @reyers
            • Mobile Maestro Icon
            • Contender Icon
            • Member’s Pick Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

Thanks for taking the time to let us know more about you Pamela.

Dahlia Ambrose
            Keymaster
              • https://www.instagram.com/livingsta/
              • https://www.flickr.com/photos/livingsta/
              @dahliaambrose
              • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
              • Mobile Maestro Icon
              • Member’s Pick Icon
              • Throwdowner Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

Good to know about you Pamela. Thank you for introducing yourself 🙂

Pamela Winter
              Participant
                • Allows Edits: No
                @pamelawintergmail-com

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s wonderful images and am hugely impressed by your talent; I am also quite humbled to be among such artists as yourselves.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author