Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      didachus67
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @didachus67

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi all, I am didachus67, and I am new to the Shark tank.

My passion for photography began when I was just a boy, but my parents were keen to take their precious Kodak Instamatic away from my hands (dunno why…). When the official camera of the family was allowed to follow my wanderings, it was a bit of a disappointment. I tried to take what I thought of as good shots, but almost always my ideas were well beyond the technical capabilities of that toy camera.
        So this is how it all began for me. There is no single photograph that got me hooked on photography, just as my wife and I do not have “our song”.

When I was 16, in 1983 (gosh! in 1983!), I got in my hands a Fujica STX-1N – an entirely mechanical and manual reflex (batteries lasted for many years, since they just powered the light meter!). In the meantime my equipment was slowly growing: a Tamron 28 mm, a 200 mm Fujinon (which survived a 7 meters fall on Val Masino granite!), additional lenses, a polarizer filter, a flash, a tripod…
        My good old STX-1N (may rest in peace) was my committed fellow for almost 30 years. Very low temperature, sun, rain, mist, accidental falls… Nothing could really beat her. Only time itself, indeed.
        I have got a Nikon D5100 one year ago – arguably not the last model, but I have chosen it mainly because of its resolution, considerably smaller than that of the D5200. I wanted a decently sized sensor, so why have “smaller pixel” due to a greater resolution?

I love Nikon cameras and lenses, they remember me of my uncle Richard (died in 2013), a professional photographer for the Corriere della Sera, the main Italian newspaper, who was a passionate Nikonian. So you know that I am a romantic, now.
        I am making my way in the digital world, which is light years away from the reflex I have loved for so many years.
        I am very interested in HDR – the way it ought to be, if I may say so.
        I love landscape photograpy, but unfortunately I live in a place where you cannot find breathtaking landscapes at every step and I have very little spare time… I love night photography, too – and I find that the application of HDR to night photography is a fascinating field.

I expect to learn very much and better myself from this experience.

Robbie
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @lunac73

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi @didachus67, welcome to Light Stalking it’s a pleasure to see you here. I hope you enjoy your stay đŸ™‚ would be nice to see some photos of your uploaded to your album đŸ™‚

didachus67
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: Yes
              @didachus67

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi @Lunac73, I have uploaded just one photo up to now…
              I will visit your album asap

Have a good night (here in Italy it is 11 PM)

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author