Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Margotd1
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @margotd1

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

My father, an avid hobby photographer all his life, passed on the photography gene to me, along with his first camera – a Kodak Pony. A photograph that stands out in my memory was a red rose in his garden. I was astounded at how “3-D” it looked, and I was more than hooked. From there, I graduated to a Canon AT-1, then to a Rebel. Along came pocket digitals, and I had several (always Canon). I did a brief foray into the Sony field with a camcorder which also took stills. I enjoyed that because I could also take captures from the video, which was handy as I had developed the “shakes”. From there, I moved into the Canon DSLR, a 60D, which was like a jump to light speed for me. Recently, I handed it down to my husband when he bought me a 6D, and it’s amazing. Our daughter has inherited the gene as well, and she, in turn, has passed it along to her son.

Robbie
        Participant
          @lunac73

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi @margotd1 that’s a very interesting story. My father is also a photographer of 30 odd years, but I didn’t picked it up until very later on. Welcome to Light Stalking (LS) I hope you enjoy you’re stay here. It would be nice to see some of you’re work posted in you’re album 🙂

Gordon James
          Participant
            @gordonjames

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

@margotd1 – love your idea of a photography gene! My grandfather was an artist and published photographer, my father a serious amateur, I started at age 7 and my son now earns his living from music photpgraphy! As my grandfather was prevented from taking his camera to France at the start of WW1, that’s just over a century of photography.
            Looks like your family is heading in the same direction!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author