Capturing images from where you are

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Photography Throwdowns Capturing images from where you are

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      David Sill
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @dsillsailing

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

The images below were created as part of an exercise that is one of my favorites. Wherever you are, look around and find images without moving from your spot or arranging the subject at all. Whatever you find is what you have to work with. You can take pictures with your camera, your phone, or your computer. In this case, I shot the following images with my Canon 40D while sitting in my chair. We are staying at my wife’s family home this week, and my chair is in the living room where I can set up my computer and stow my stuff. So these were all shot from my chair.

So the challenge is, for where you are right now, what images can you capture? This can be done while sitting in a car, in a coffee shop, at a wedding reception, anywhere (and I have done all of these).

Note, I’m trying a new way to post pictures. If it doesn’t work, I’ll add them as comments.

Lamp Window.jpg by David Sill on Light Stalking

Greensboro Pots.jpg by David Sill on Light Stalking

Greensboro Hat.jpg by David Sill on Light Stalking

Greensboro Window.jpg by David Sill on Light Stalking

Albirder
        Participant
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Sure! These four pictures were taken from the sofa of my son’s NYC apartment.

In Place 4 by Albirder on Light Stalking

In Place 3 by Albirder on Light Stalking

In Place 2 by Albirder on Light Stalking

In Place 1 by Albirder on Light Stalking

Kent DuFault
          Participant
            @kent
            • Contender Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

That’s a very interesting exercise. David. I really like how you captured the nuance of your space and told a story with each image.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author