- July 12, 2019 at 2:53 am #414050
- July 12, 2019 at 5:43 am #414058
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Those colours work really well I think – perhaps there is a bit of grain in the bokeh but I don’t think I would change much about this photo.
- July 13, 2019 at 10:07 am #414130
Yeah, I also noticed the grain.
- July 12, 2019 at 6:01 am #414059
Hi Sarthak, that’s such a cute bird 🙂
When it comes to critique, I think that highlights look a bit blown out. I would also use a lower ISO for this kind of scene.
- July 13, 2019 at 10:09 am #414131
The light was really an issue in this place hence the 640 ISO. But I didn’t know noise would be so dominant at such low ISO.
- July 12, 2019 at 8:13 am #414063
I understand Jasenka’s comment about the ISO but you were at 1/250 on a 300mm lens so ISO 640 seems an OK compromise.
Maybe remove some of the leaves from around the edges that are distractions. The one in the bottom right points to the bird which is a plus. I would also try to lessen the amount the leaves are blown out and crop a bit tighter…something like this maybe.
- July 13, 2019 at 10:06 am #414129
I thought both leaves pointed to the bird. Your crop works better.
- July 13, 2019 at 7:15 pm #414172
Fantastic photo , real eye catcher.
Moving my eyes from the orig to this small edit from Rob , i instantly felt a more balanced image , the two leaf make a nice frame.
Nice work both.
- This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by P71.
- July 14, 2019 at 8:18 am #414209
- July 12, 2019 at 2:24 pm #414079
I feel the leaf “above” the bird a little bit disturbing.
- July 13, 2019 at 5:48 am #414116
agreed but I am stuck with it. If I crop the image too much, noise becomes noticeable. Here is another crop where I tried to use leaf and bird in a symmetric fashion. Seems fine to me, don’t know if it works for others as well.
- July 13, 2019 at 7:57 am #414123
Yes, diagonal leafs work much better imho…
- July 13, 2019 at 11:09 pm #414186
Lovely pic Sarthak and I think Rob’s edit helps to lessen the noise issue by pulling the eye more strongly onto the bird. Did a quick denoise edit with the NIK filter and also a ‘Sharpened for web’ treatment that comes with a luminoisty masking app I have. I think it helps with the noise a bit more;
- July 17, 2019 at 3:44 am #414398
Hi Sarthak @sarthchoudhary i really like this shot and have been reading everyone’s comments and checking out their edits. I took Graham’s edit and did a content aware fill in PS and removed the upper leaf and i think it made a huge difference and truly made this little guy the subject.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.