African Hawk Eagle

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobie

Now and again you’re pleasantly surprised by the outcome of a shot taken in unfavorable conditions (distance & bad light). This was one of those.

This is a sub-adult, the eyes to become more yellowish in the coming months and the dark lines on the chest to also occupy the lower frontal area. It feeds on guineafowl and small mammals such as mongoose and hyraxes. Reptiles also form part of their diet.

african hawk eagle

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

This is an awesome portrait of this majestic bird Tobie. Good to see your images again. Missed them 🙂

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Very nice, Tobie. Very nice!

Rob Eyers
      Participant

The cloudy day made a great compliment to the colour of this bird Tobie. It’s always a bonus when you look at the camera’s preview and go…OH!. Good to see you back with another stellar bird image.

John Thompson

Great shot Tobie.  Well done as always.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Have always liked the intense gaze of birds of prey. What I find really interesting in this shot is just the one talon.

Tobie

Thanks @pentaxfan! The fact that his 2nd talon was ‘pulled up’ is a sign that he was at rest, not planning to take off soon and without a good reason.

Dave Watkins
          Participant

Pretty cool. Had not heard of that.

Graham Hart
      Participant

He’s back! Nice shot Tobie. Considering the conditions you mention, I would be very happy too. In fact, I’d be happy in perfect conditions!

I’ve been tossing up whether to buy Topaz Denoise AI recently. From what they show in their online demo sales pitches (before and after images), this pic would clear up perfectly using their software.

Tobie

Thanks @diripics!

I’m always a little sceptical about denoise products (or features) as denoising usually comes with a loss in sharpness. I’ve seen the release of Topaz’ product but unless they offer me a free trial I won’t spend money on it. They’ll have to convince me first. Not that I’m sure that this particular pic needs denoising. 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author