All-Time Favorite Photos

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat All-Time Favorite Photos

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kent DuFault 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Hi there folks, do you have photos that you can never stop watching?

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Here are my three favorite photos from all time:

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Martine Franck - The French on Vacation, 1976

Martine Franck – The French on Vacation, 1976

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Harold Feinstein – Coney Island Teenagers, 1949

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Hans Guttmann – Marina GinestĂ , 1936

Tobie

All telling stories. Worth keeping!

P71
    Participant

Saigon Execution – Eddie Adams

Bloody Saturday – H.S. Wong

I can’t say my Favorite (too many ) but do say these photos stick in my mind.

Lovely photos  Federico.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  P71.

Robert Apple

Interesting Picks Patrick, my history teacher in high school spent nearly a weeks worth of classes on that first one and how it was mis represented here in the USA by the press and anti war activists as a innocent non combantant being executed by a brutal South Korean Dictator and just how a single photo and the power of the press can effect a nation.

It makes me think of the calls of fake news made today.

The truth of the story for those who may not know, the man executed was a Viet Kong officer / assasian and leader of one of the most vicous death squads during the war, moments before this photo was taken he was found next to a mass grave of over 30 innocent citizens he and his group had just slaughtered and proudly confessed to the crime.

FStoppers did a great article on it linked below.
      What You Don’t Know About This Photograph Has the Power To Change Opinions

In more than content of the photo but how it was used and mis represented truly does make it one of the most revelant photos of the 19th century

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.