Brown Snake Eagle gaze

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Brown Snake Eagle gaze

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobie

Dave (@pentaxfan) mentioned his love for the gaze of raptors in another post so Dave, this one is for you.

As the name indicates, this bird was placed on the planet for controlling snake populations. It thinks nothing of taking on and carrying 2 meter (6′) long snakes.Β It usually hunts from a prominent perch in the woodlands, scanning the veld below for prey. When it sees a snake, it swoops down, seizes the reptile behind the head and crushes the spine with its talons and beak.

It has developed heavily scaled legs to protect it against snakebite.

brown snake eagle

Tobie

A sub-adult, already showing all the right features of a great bird.

brown snake eagle

Tersha
      Keymaster

Stunning shots Tobie! There’s a different vibe with a raptor, and you’ve caught it beautifully.

Tobie

Thaks @tersha! I agree – they’re simply special!

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Tobie.Β  Have had a love for raptors for most of my life. Enjoyed seeing these two additions of yours. Would like to see more in the future.

I used to buy birds of prey calendars every year. Now I buy donkey calendars because my wife Carol loves them so much.Β  πŸ™‚

Tobie

LOL Dave! Donkeys seem to be a dying breed so maybe your wife has a point! πŸ™‚

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Gosh, the look in the bird’s eyes is powerful and beautiful images Tobie πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author