- March 19, 2020 at 3:49 pm #435747
24 hours in the life of a pandemic…
One last pint before the pub goes off limits, me, the landlord, and the other customer…
Out running the dog; dog runs, I cycle. Did 15 miles first with boy child;
Selfie with littlest one to send to Nanny.
To the Post Office. Sending off photo books to Dad and a mother’s day card to mum. Found the worlds least popular childrens book;
Walked through the ghost town…
Surprised to find reports of panic buying completely truthful. Worry about scurvy;
Find a nutritious Chicken Tika Pasty…. you will be mine!!
Clearly Olives are not big in Huntingdon or Poland… So I’m not going to starve;
Back through the ghost town to home;
With my essentials;
Eat sleep repeat…
- March 19, 2020 at 4:01 pm #435748TershaKeymaster
Made me smile Chris, especially the Mr Sneeze book. Humour always helps through bad times. 🙂
- March 19, 2020 at 4:04 pm #435750
It’s all just really odd behavior. I swear my town must be home to the worlds first live brain donors.
Check this out;
Seriously… ‘They walk among us!’. 😉
- This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by chris pook.
- March 20, 2020 at 3:09 am #435784TobieModerator
Ha ha! Very funny! 🤣
I don’t think these items are going to sell! 😜
- March 20, 2020 at 4:05 am #435795ElinLParticipant
Saw that on Flickr – Chinese noodles still in stock ?
- March 20, 2020 at 4:17 am #435798TershaKeymaster
- March 20, 2020 at 7:03 pm #435851Robert AppleModerator
In Wyoming that’s the first beer selling in as a sort of FU to the virus.
- March 19, 2020 at 8:49 pm #4357723pcoParticipant
The pubs are closed because of a virus named after a beer that people put limes in. It’s demoralizing.
- March 19, 2020 at 9:05 pm #435774Graham HartParticipant
What a lovely slice of life from your neck of the woods Chris. Thanks for sharing. Over here in Oz we’ve worked out that the Corona virus was created in a lab by women. Think about it;
- No sports
- All pubs shut
- 14 days quarantine (so you can finally get those odd jobs done)
- Symptoms of Corona are flu-like (they know that’s our Kryptonite)
- They even had the audacity to name it after a beer!
- March 20, 2020 at 3:13 am #435785TobieModerator
Down here my life as digital marketer / website developer has not changed much. But I can see the intense damages on my clients’ businesses and I guess it’s going to affect me eventually in some way. 🤦♂️
- March 20, 2020 at 6:30 am #435803Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
- March 20, 2020 at 7:49 am #435807JasenkaGKeymaster
That’s an entire reportage! Thanks for sharing it 🙂
- March 20, 2020 at 8:07 am #435809
Thanks! As I was walking past the empty shops, the barbers, the boutique clothes shop, the phone shop, with staff and no customers, I thought to go back and some reportage of the owners. They looked so forlorn, the barbers, sitting in the soft chairs that should have been full of customers.
- March 20, 2020 at 5:19 pm #435840Federico AlegriaParticipant
Jajajajajajajaja, that was just so funny!!! Never trust a clear transparent bottled beer.
- March 20, 2020 at 5:39 pm #435842
I bought 2 boxes of wine in France ages ago, for when we had a need… now is as good a time as any!! Didn’t realise boxed wine has a shelf life. It is very cloudy… have decanted it’s as you might an old port, and hoping it settles. I’ve had two glasses and it looks awful but tastes, umm, ok. Let’s see if I get sick. I’m loath to throw away 13 litres of wine at a time like this! 😉
- March 20, 2020 at 5:46 pm #435843FalxyParticipant
Yeah can’t even visit the(88 year old) motherinlaw on sunday or my best mate who has copd…………….keep safe all !
- March 21, 2020 at 12:45 am #435864LeanneCParticipant
Thanks for taking us on that journey, Chris! Made me smile. And there is something comforting in knowing that we are not alone in our craziness. Glad to see folks are taking things seriously (in that you don’t have folks out and about) as that has been a bit of a challenge in our province. And good luck with the wine. We will be getting into our home brew soon! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.