- May 4, 2019 at 2:39 am #403651
Something i am trying out. Bit of a learning curve. No where near fluent in masking, etc. Can’t quite get my head around the steps for doing this. Now of course i would like to figure out how to do a circular mask and have that fit in the large round kite and have the photo repeat in it. In the meantime here is my first attempt at this effect, i just find it bright and colorful and fun.
- May 4, 2019 at 11:30 am #403682John ThompsonModerator
It is a good first step Dorothy. Try Google to find out how to do things. I am assuming you are using Photoshop. You can find out how to do anything.
- May 4, 2019 at 9:15 pm #403741
Hi John: That is exactly how i got this far 🙂 i think i need to make myself clearer notes, the old memory doesn’t seem to keep everything like i think it should. i will keep at it and when i get this how i envision it (hopefully) i will share again.
- May 4, 2019 at 1:31 pm #403696Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Very interesting image Dorothy and I like the colours 🙂
- May 4, 2019 at 9:19 pm #403742
Thanks Dahlia: most of the droste effects i have seen are done with squares or rectangles, even those going into a spiral. fingers crossed i will get this the way i want. may have to start by making the photo itself circular. hmmm. well, we will see. yes, i too like the colors. 🙂
- May 5, 2019 at 1:05 am #403794
Ok, a little more studying and googling and you tubing has brought me here. i have two versions i like and that reflect what i wanted circular wise. One here and one in this weekends’ Black challenge.
- May 5, 2019 at 1:14 am #403800Tom MParticipant
Think you’ve got it Dorothy, nicely done…
- May 5, 2019 at 7:12 pm #403913
- May 10, 2019 at 5:48 pm #405009Anne HornsbyParticipant
Very cool, Dorothy! I’ve never tried a circular mask, and this is a great subject for that,
- May 10, 2019 at 7:24 pm #405018
Thank you Anne, it was a little tricky and i need to work on making sure the background is truly transparent. i believe there is more to it than what i was doing.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.