evening sun

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tersha 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Tersha
    Keymaster

I’m reprocessing photos that I put to one side, from a while ago…

Gilfach evening sun

Dorothy
    Participant

Hi Diane: this is an interesting pov. i like the way the sun travels up the side of the hill.  it may seem crazy but as i look at this i get a feeling of motion, going uphill.  very odd, i think it is the sunlight leading my eyes up the hill.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Thanks Dorothy, my eyes are following the light uphill now! 🙂

beth
    Participant

gorgeous light, i love the rich colors and textures of the trees.

like dorothy i feel like there’s movement in the image, the light is slowly creeping uphill.  i think that diagonal line of light colored grass in addition to the sunlight is what gives it that feeling.

this also makes a very interesting shot cropped in closer to the tree.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Thanks beth, if you want you show me the crop, I’d like to see it.

beth
        Participant

something like this.  to me it pulls the eye more towards the lone tree, goes up the diagonal grass line on the hill and stops at the red berries.  what you have works pretty well too, but this is the part of your photograph that really pulled me in.

Tersha
          Keymaster

Thanks beth, it’s always good to have a different point of view, gives me food for thought. 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful light and colours Diane. Love it 🙂

P71
    Participant

Textures and sun followed by fantastic flow , sweet shot.

Robert Apple

Really must be seen full size to appreciate, nice Diane, a scene begging for a cold beverage and lawn chair to occupy the point of observation.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Lovely scenic shot Diane. The term The Edge of Light comes to mind because of the way the light hits the left side but not the right. You can see the delineation line down the middle quite clearly.

John Thompson

I also love the textures in the tree tops in the golden light.  Well done Diane.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.