Flickr

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Thompson 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

John Thompson

I have noticed that when I click on others images in Flickr I am not able to comment of fav any of the photos because the actions are greyed out for me.  Does anyone know why?  For example; Each month we get an email showing photos of people we follow.  When I click on one of those photos the actions at the bottom of the page are greyed out and I am not able to acknowledge that I like the photo.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

That’s not happening to me John. I just looked at one of Tobie’s latest posts and the star is there on the right side in the black border and the comment box is available. Pretty sure that that’s the way it is when I click on images from the Flickr email as well. Not sure what to suggest but it seems like it may be something on your end.

Best of the season to you John!!

John Thompson

Thank you Rob and the best to you as well my friend.  I will look into what I may or may not be doing on my end to cause this.  Thanks again Rob.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi John, I don’t have a problem with the favourites or comments section. Did you try a different browser? Also, if you are using Chrome, may be a plugin/extension is causing this issue?

beth
    Participant

i had a problem with flickr where it would show the thumbnails but not the full size image.  finally figured it out.  the proxy software i use to remote in to work has a browser element to it that can be turned on and off.  when it’s off there were still elements that were left on to eliminate ads and such.

John Thompson

Could the reason be that I do not have a Pro account?  I can’t see paying to post my pics because they are not that good.  It seems that it has only been lately that I cannot acknowledge my support for others or comment.  Perhaps the new owners are doing this to promote the monthly plan.

beth
      Participant

i don’t have a pro account either and i’m not having this issue.

John Thompson

I just tried to long in with Edge instead of Mozzila and got the same thing.

bucweeet
    Participant

Are you using a – Virtual Private Network (VPN) – to mask your location?

I’ve noticed that when I have mine set to different countries I sometimes can not get the images to display on Flikr (as well I can’t access various sites that I normally can).  If you are using a VPN, try turning it off and see if it helps.  Then just turn it back on when you want to.

John Thompson

No I have never used a VPN so that cannot be it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.