Gold Miner on the Irrawady

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Gold Miner on the Irrawady

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

ISO 800, 1/1250th, f/14 at 30mm on a Panasonic GX8

Jeesh, 24 hours and not even some pithy comment from @falxy

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Rob, I think the image could benefit from a slight crop from the left and to erase the boat in the BG. Then you get a bit more the feeling of alone out there.
      Possibly a tad more fog.

Federico Alegria
        Participant

I think this is a great suggestion, it enhances movement by simply giving more breathing room to the front side of the boat.

Patrick
      Participant

Great subject Rob , can only add i personally like the original framing it gives a certain scale which i like.

Small boat large water mass.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

My instinct is to zoom in as much as possible without losing the reflection. With the horizon near the upper third I would lose almost all the  land on the left side. Pretty standard but it gets the subject closer making it more interesting IMHO. I might have a different opinion if I wasn’t on an iPhone screen 😉

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Rob Eyers.
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

This image works in big size I think. I like the crop by Erik.

Mistyisle
      Participant

I like the crop by Erik too! When were you in Burma, Rob? Hope you share more images from there 🙂

A few months back @mistyisle – I gotta say, it has been one of my absolute favourite destinations for photography. But the thing is I need to keep packing weight down so I only took a GX8 with me.

Big mistake. Huge.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar