Tagged: @tomojor @nikon-nut @robertapple
- December 29, 2018 at 1:12 am #382070
I witnessed something interesting as we drove through our Addo Elephant Park last week. A juvenile Pale Chanting Goshawk was following its parent as it was hunting (or pretending do be hunting), moaning and begging for food.
The parent was obviously determined to wean the ‘little one’ while encouraging it to hunt on its own. At some stages the young one even appeared to be launching attacks on its parent in order to convince it to feed it but to no avail.
“Come now mom, not even a small morsel?”
“I want food NOW!”
- December 29, 2018 at 1:26 am #382073
Love that first photo, Tobie. The young one appears to be larger than the parent…
- December 29, 2018 at 1:37 am #382079
Thanks Tom. I think it still has a lot of fluff which it will probably lose as it molts into its final colors.
- December 29, 2018 at 5:32 am #382080
Wow Tobie, what an amazing sight! Great images, and if you didn’t know, you’d think the bigger one was the adult!
- December 29, 2018 at 11:29 pm #382129
- December 29, 2018 at 11:34 am #382097
I am so impressed with the detail of your bird shots. I know it is the photographer that makes these shots great but what lens do you use to get this close to them?
- December 29, 2018 at 11:30 pm #382130
Thanks John! All of my bird shots are taken with a Tamron 150-600 G2. Excellent piece of glass!
- December 29, 2018 at 5:22 pm #382119
Good Ones Tobie
- December 29, 2018 at 11:31 pm #382131
Thanks so much Robert!
- December 30, 2018 at 2:34 am #382177
The first image looks quite funny with the juvenile looking up for food. Love this image Tobie 🙂
- January 2, 2019 at 11:25 am #382632
Thanks Dahlia! 🙂
- January 1, 2019 at 9:06 am #382362
excellent photos and story too.
- January 2, 2019 at 11:26 am #382633
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.