- October 10, 2019 at 8:38 pm #421482
Part of the gate going out to the chicken yard.
- October 11, 2019 at 6:42 am #421510JasenkaGKeymaster
I find this extremely beautiful and these spots of yellow make it look like a thick oil painting!
- October 12, 2019 at 11:03 am #421608
Thanks Jasenka. 🙂
- October 11, 2019 at 9:32 am #421512Kent DuFaultParticipant
I like too, Dave. Nice!
- October 12, 2019 at 11:04 am #421609
I appreciate the comment Kent.
- October 11, 2019 at 1:06 pm #421513Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Love this Dave. I like the beautiful pastel mint colour, the light and the coloured spots 🙂
- October 12, 2019 at 11:08 am #421610
Thanks Dahlia. All of the micro spots of color, mold and lichen is what caught my eye.
- October 11, 2019 at 7:41 pm #421531Graham HartParticipant
Love it! Lichen is a great excuse to get the macro out I reckon. There is so much hidden detail and colour up close. Flip this sideways and it could be coral on a sea floor 🙂 .
- October 12, 2019 at 11:12 am #421611
I agree about the hidden details found with macro lenses. That’s what makes it so much fun for me. You’re the 2nd person to suggest rotating it to horizontal. I think you both may be on to something.
- October 12, 2019 at 4:16 pm #421621PatrickParticipant
Nice idea and shot , i keep meaning to look for some this is going in my little idea book :).
Nice share Dave.
- October 13, 2019 at 2:06 am #421680
Thanks Patrick. There are many little forests of lichen on this gate. I’m pretty sure there’s a really nice image there somewhere. I’m going to keep looking.
- October 12, 2019 at 10:48 pm #421662bethParticipant
love the soft, pastel colors and shallow dof. i like the post processing, but this would be a great candidate for a matte edit too.
- October 13, 2019 at 2:13 am #421681
Thanks for the feedback Beth. I have only a vague idea of how to do a matte edit. I’ll have to learn some more about it. I’m pretty green in the ways of post processing.
- October 13, 2019 at 2:24 am #421682
Following Graham’s and another’s suggestion I rotated this shot. Re cropped it as well. It does look a lot like coral. I like this one better.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.