I'm Likin' Lichen.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Watkins 1 week ago.

• Author

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Part of the gate going out to the chicken yard.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

I find this extremely beautiful and these spots of yellow make it look like a thick oil painting!

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I like too, Dave. Nice!

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Love this Dave. I like the beautiful pastel mint colour, the light and the coloured spots 🙂

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia. All of the micro spots of color, mold and lichen is what caught my eye.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Love it! Lichen is a great excuse to get the macro out I reckon. There is so much hidden detail and colour up close. Flip this sideways and it could be coral on a sea floor 🙂 .

Dave Watkins
      Participant

I agree about the hidden details found with macro lenses. That’s what makes it so much fun for me. You’re the 2nd person to suggest rotating it to horizontal. I think you both may be on to something.

P71
    Participant

Nice idea and shot , i keep meaning to look for some this is going in my little idea book :).

Nice share Dave.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Patrick. There are many little forests of lichen on this gate. I’m pretty sure there’s a really nice image there somewhere. I’m going to keep looking.

beth
    Participant

love the soft, pastel colors and shallow dof.  i like the post processing, but this would be a great candidate for a matte edit too.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback Beth. I have only a vague idea of how to do a matte edit. I’ll have to learn some more about it. I’m pretty green in the ways of post processing.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Following Graham’s and another’s suggestion I rotated this shot. Re cropped it as well. It does look a lot like coral. I like this one better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.