Photograph(er) of the Week. March 29 2011

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Photograph(er) of the Week. March 29 2011

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Anna Soffia Oskarsdottir 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

tom dinning
    Blocked

As you know, I am faced with this painful task of selecting a photograph that stand out among all others that have been posted during the past week.
    I can only compare it to finding the right bar of chocolate in a Darryl Lee shop.
    Over the past months I have changed my emphasis a little to highlight photographers who demonstrate skills, ambitions and enthusiasm that makes photography what it is; a diverse art form and means of communicating our ideas and recording the world as we perceive it.
    As we see daily, photography is as diverse as the number of people who hold a camera in their hands.
    Thanks for your support in this recognition.
    This week, while undergoing the usual browse, my eyes were distracted by something quite new. A simple photograph of an old discarded Teddy Bear. It was the colours that first struck me. They were somewhat disturbing; a coolness and warmth at the same time. The compositions were compact and the framing tight yet there was still a sense of place. The passage of time seemed to be represented in the context and a stillness was demonstrated in the subjects and their focus. I’m damn sure that bear was looking at me!
    This was worth investigating. What I found was Asher @13ftfall.
    Ash is a new member. I hope we see a lot more of Ash and the images. Ash’s photographs give us a unique look at the world.
    Take the time to look through Ash’s lens and enjoy the journey as I did.
    http://www.lightstalking.us/members/13ftfall/album/
    Check out the web site at: http://13ftfall.com/
    and browse through the Flickr images at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13ftfall/5221324543/
    You will not be disappointed.
    But be warned. Ash takes no prisoners. So no warm and fuzzies. I’m probably placing my very existance at risk just posting this. I think a congratulatory hand shake might be acceptable; right Ash?

Mike
    Participant

Ash, I got to look through your photos today. You have a very unique style and way of looking at the world that I find very compelling. I also found your teddy bear picture reached up off the page and grabbed me. Very find fine work and a very disturbed deserved reward for you this week.

Congrats

Mike
    Participant

Ash, I got to look through your photos today. You have a very unique style and way of looking at the world that I find very compelling. I also found your teddy bear picture reached up off the page and grabbed me. Very find fine work and a very disturbed deserved reward for you this week.

Congrats

Kim Alegria
    Participant

I happened to be looking at Ash’s pictures last night. I asked Ash to be a friend based off those photos because they struck me in a very odd fashion. They brought me back to childhood to an extreme happy place, but at the same time made me sad.

I’ve only just started shooting and Ash’s photos definitely inspired me.

Great job!

Kim Alegria
    Participant

I happened to be looking at Ash’s pictures last night. I asked Ash to be a friend based off those photos because they struck me in a very odd fashion. They brought me back to childhood to an extreme happy place, but at the same time made me sad.

I’ve only just started shooting and Ash’s photos definitely inspired me.

Great job!

Pere Ferrer
    Participant

Hello again Ash – @13ftfall, what I told you? when I looked your web site, I was think that I saw somethings with another eyes. You’re like Julius Caesar, ‘Veni, vidi, vinci’. Well done, congrats !

Pere Ferrer
    Participant

Hello again Ash – @13ftfall, what I told you? when I looked your web site, I was think that I saw somethings with another eyes. You’re like Julius Caesar, ‘Veni, vidi, vinci’. Well done, congrats !

Ash – @13ftfall. Realy painfull photos, touching my heart. That must be art. Congratulations

Ash – @13ftfall. Realy painfull photos, touching my heart. That must be art. Congratulations

A very thought provoking, emotive body of work, Ash. Well deserved recognition. Congratulations !

A very thought provoking, emotive body of work, Ash. Well deserved recognition. Congratulations !

Jay
    Participant

Ash – welcome and totally cool stuff! Congrats! I love the photo streams. The “dark”, sort of “Goth”, touch is something I can really appreciate.

Jay

Jay
    Participant

Ash – welcome and totally cool stuff! Congrats! I love the photo streams. The “dark”, sort of “Goth”, touch is something I can really appreciate.

Jay

Mike
    Participant

Can I first apologize for writing congratulatory statements while half asleep. You’ll notice I corrected my mistakes above. Sorry and again – congrats!

Mike
    Participant

Can I first apologize for writing congratulatory statements while half asleep. You’ll notice I corrected my mistakes above. Sorry and again – congrats!

Rachel Davies
    Participant

Hi there @13thfall !
    Just wanted to say…WOW!
    You’re photos are incredible – they are like nothing I have ever seen before – totally unique.
    A well deserved win there.
    I had a look through your website. I particularly liked your Murder set, although I must admit, I was a bit wary of the title! 😉
    Congrats to you my friend. Keep them coming.
    P.S. I am a huuuuge fan of Tom Waits too! His lyrics are very inspiring.
    And coincidentally, ‘Don’t Go Into That Barn’ is my favourite song 🙂 What’s yours?

Rachel Davies
    Participant

Hi there @13thfall !
    Just wanted to say…WOW!
    You’re photos are incredible – they are like nothing I have ever seen before – totally unique.
    A well deserved win there.
    I had a look through your website. I particularly liked your Murder set, although I must admit, I was a bit wary of the title! 😉
    Congrats to you my friend. Keep them coming.
    P.S. I am a huuuuge fan of Tom Waits too! His lyrics are very inspiring.
    And coincidentally, ‘Don’t Go Into That Barn’ is my favourite song 🙂 What’s yours?

Mrs. LH
    Participant

@13ftfall I agree with everyone else – I am a fan of your images. Your eye for the details that you focus in on and the emotion you are able to bring to it with your use of light and perspective, is superb. Are these all with natural light or did you bring in additional light sources?

Mrs. LH
    Participant

@13ftfall I agree with everyone else – I am a fan of your images. Your eye for the details that you focus in on and the emotion you are able to bring to it with your use of light and perspective, is superb. Are these all with natural light or did you bring in additional light sources?

gone
    Participant

Congrats Ash! Super impressed with your images! Of course I agree with everything said above. Your images are incredibly unique. But I’m super surprised that I haven’t heard anyone talk about the textures in your images. WOW. Your collection is full of texture, like I’ve never seen before. You’ve most definitely found your creative eyes and it is a real pleasure seeing through them!

gone
    Participant

Congrats Ash! Super impressed with your images! Of course I agree with everything said above. Your images are incredibly unique. But I’m super surprised that I haven’t heard anyone talk about the textures in your images. WOW. Your collection is full of texture, like I’ve never seen before. You’ve most definitely found your creative eyes and it is a real pleasure seeing through them!

Thank you for the insight in your working procedyres. I like very much your attitude about touching and arranging. And after looking through your webside I have allso seen, not the sorrow I felt at first, but allso very warm feeling for what was …

Thank you for the insight in your working procedyres. I like very much your attitude about touching and arranging. And after looking through your webside I have allso seen, not the sorrow I felt at first, but allso very warm feeling for what was …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.