Photography New Year’s Resolutions

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Photography New Year’s Resolutions

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JasenkaG
      Keymaster

A simple question for everyone here – what kind of shooting or editing skills are you looking forward to learning/improving in 2020?

I’ll start – I want to learn a bit more on infrared photography and I’ll get an infrared filter soon.

Patrick
      Participant

Great idea Jasenka

I would like to learn more on macro photography , i done a little close up work with an achromat during the last few weeks of summer and enjoyed it a lot , this year i would like to do more so i have decided to buy some new kit which will cover this adventure plus a few others.

New kit end of month πŸ˜‰

New Body- D7500

Lens 1 – Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro EX DG OS HSM

Lens 2 –Β 50mm f/1.8G

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Patrick.
      chris pook
      Participant

I just want to keep a journal; one photo a day. Already blown it! πŸ˜‰

Tersha
        Keymaster

It starts when you take the first photo Chris, just do it! πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Tersha.
      John Thompson

I want to work more with my infared camera.Β  I have not been happy with my failures so far so I plan to make new ones!!!

I also want to do some night photography at Red Rock.Β  I have an idea of an image I just need to be there in the dark!

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

Would love to see night photographs from the Red rock John πŸ™‚

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I want to do more astrophotography (deep sky objects) and learn to post process them well. The softwares available for Mac are limited. I would also love to shoot more wildlife and gain the skills / learn the techniques to get better wildlife photographs.

I have a cheap infrared filter right now that I bought to try my hands on. So far have not shot anything usable πŸ™‚

Tersha
      Keymaster

Like John, I’d like to work more on my Infra-red photography. The other thing I want to do, is to relearn Photoshop properly and start doing some textured overlays, etc.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

First of all I’d like to wish good luck to all that contribute to this thread. I personally am terrible at keeping New Years Resolutions so I do my best to avoid making them in the first place. But it never hurts to try so….

I live 50 miles away from the central Oregon coast. I want to get to the coast more often this year and work on long exposures using ND filters. Also more landscape photography in general. AND continue to work on my editing skills. Working the farm for the last 15 years did not require keeping up with technology. My computer skills are probably less than a 5th grader. πŸ™‚ Luckily for me light has not changed since the late 70’s when I first discovered my love for photography using my OM1n.

Happy New Years everyone. πŸ™‚

Federico Alegria
      Participant

This is a great question mate! Dunno if it could be considered as a photography skill persΓ©, but I’m willing to learn more about ethnography.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.