Tagged: @admin @tersha @diripics
- July 15, 2019 at 9:06 am #414270Kent DuFaultParticipant
After first seeing this photograph titled, “Into the Light”, last week, I was 99.9% sure this was going to be the POTW.
It fulfills virtually everything that you might want from a photograph. It has a very interesting composition, its filled with story possibilities, it has a perfect balance of contrast and brightness (despite the difficult backlighting), the color is soothing, and quite frankly it’s just a gorgeous shot to look at.
Congratulations Graham! It’s a beautiful picture.
I have two runner-ups this week.
First, we have Charmaine. She is really upping the ante on image quality around here. We’re all going to have to start clicking a little harder to keep up with her. She’s won the POTW several weeks in a row recently, and quite frankly this image is worthy as well. But hey! We have to spread the love around. I’ll post a link below to Charmaine’s wildlife shot below, and believe me, it is simply outstanding.
Secondly, we have Erik. I like Erik’s work a lot, because he’s willing to take chances. He doesn’t always follow the formula. This photograph works especially well for me, as I love abstract and semi-abstract views of things. This shot is very interesting, because it relies heavily on the reflection and translucence of light for its effect. It takes a well-trained eye to spot something like this. I’ll post a link to Erik’s shot below as well.
- July 15, 2019 at 9:09 am #414271
- July 15, 2019 at 9:54 am #414273Rob EyersParticipant
Congratulations Graham. A great shot with imaginative post processing.
Charmaine and Erik, congrats on runners up.
- July 15, 2019 at 10:20 am #414276John ThompsonModerator
Congrats Graham!! I loved this when I first saw it. Well deserved.
Congrats to Charmaine and Erik on being runners up with very good images.
Well done all!!
- July 15, 2019 at 11:14 am #414279Robert AppleModerator
Nice Photo Graham, well deserved.
- July 15, 2019 at 11:25 am #414288P71Participant
Congratulations Graham. A great shot and well deserved POTW
First time today seeing it , nice work mate.
Congratulations to Charmaine and Erik always great looking work from you both and these two are no different , super nice work each and all.
- July 15, 2019 at 12:18 pm #414293Dave WatkinsParticipant
A truly beautiful image Graham. Congratulations on POTW.
- July 15, 2019 at 2:06 pm #414297Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Great image. Congratulations on POTW Graham 🙂
- July 15, 2019 at 2:25 pm #414300Tom MParticipant
Great shot, Graham. Love the light…
- July 15, 2019 at 3:14 pm #414307TershaKeymaster
Beautiful shot Graham, congrats on POTW!
- July 15, 2019 at 5:49 pm #414323Erik FransmanParticipant
Congratulations Graham. Great shot. I especially like the addition of the plane. Good decision.
Charmaine, cute is cute and this is cute. Well done.
Kent thank you for the mention and the kind words. Makes my life difficult. Now I have to live up to it. 🙂 No kidding, thank you!
- July 15, 2019 at 7:24 pm #414328
- July 15, 2019 at 8:21 pm #414333Gray BParticipant
Good going Graham, fantastic pic 👏🏼
- July 15, 2019 at 11:15 pm #414340Graham HartParticipant
A great big thank you to all for your kind words. They are very much appreciated.
Congrats too to Charmaine for your amazingly expressive capture of the Baboon and Erik for your mind-bending architectural shot. Both worthy winners.
- July 16, 2019 at 6:18 am #414351JasenkaGKeymaster
Congrats Graham, the atmosphere you captured is really magical!
- July 16, 2019 at 9:02 am #414358Charmaine JoubertParticipant
Congratulations Graham, a really beautifully captured and edited image deserving of POTW.
- July 16, 2019 at 4:02 pm #414371LeanneCParticipant
Beautiful! Congrats on POTW, Graham.
- July 17, 2019 at 6:57 pm #414464Lenny WollitzParticipant
- July 17, 2019 at 11:49 pm #414473Graham HartParticipant
Thank you Jasenka, Charmaine, Leanne and Lenny. Much appreciated.
- July 20, 2019 at 9:57 am #414629Petr NowakParticipant
Great picture Graham !!! Congrats…
- July 22, 2019 at 7:01 pm #414787bethParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.