- July 5, 2019 at 11:46 am #413505
- July 5, 2019 at 11:47 am #413506
- July 5, 2019 at 3:47 pm #413547
Really love the colours in these images and the weather looks very pleasant Preston 🙂
- July 6, 2019 at 10:48 pm #413680
Thanks Dahlia. It was one of the fist times I was using a polarizing filter and I’m amazed with the color it adds to the sky
- July 5, 2019 at 3:53 pm #413548
I know nothing about tractors but do know this one looks awesome , lovely shot Preston , i like this whole scene mate nice job.
- July 6, 2019 at 11:01 pm #413681
Thanks Patrick. It’s a 1958 Farmall and still runs like a top. I give most the credit to Mother Nature for the scene. She was nice enough to throw me some puffy clouds and blue sky.
- July 7, 2019 at 7:00 am #413694
Definitely a classic International Harvester Preston. Did you do the restoration?
I know this isn’t ST but if you use PS try a levels adjustment with the blacks at 28 and the mids at 1.75 or so and see what you think.
- July 7, 2019 at 11:34 pm #413739
(Un)fortunatley I got this one already restored. A fellow’s wife made him sell off a tractor and I was lucky enough to get it. However I caught the bug and helped to bring a Ferguson back to show-shape. Quite the learning experience.
Thanks for the levels input. It really put some life in the tires.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Preston.
- July 7, 2019 at 12:18 pm #413702
Beautiful tractor Preston. I like the first image with the tractor filling up more of the frame. But the clouds look better to me in the 2nd shot. A little whiter.
- July 7, 2019 at 11:36 pm #413742
Thanks Dave! I’m partial to the first as well. I probably over did the saturation a bit which caused the clouds to blue.
- July 8, 2019 at 12:07 am #413748
That brings back a memory or two except ours had a loader , and wasn’t near so pretty as it spent nearly every day loading feed, cleaning corrals and spreading shit, which it was fairly covered in most of the time.
- July 8, 2019 at 10:34 pm #413813
Which is why the earned the nickname Thirteen-Letter-Shit-Spreader!
- July 9, 2019 at 7:10 am #413826
Haven’t seen a tractor for quite a while 🙂 It makes me feel nostalgic! That red color looks really vibrant and cheerful.
- July 9, 2019 at 11:36 am #413846
Thanks Jasenka! Graham always references an article about putting red in photos, so I figured I’d give it a shot
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.