Red Power

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Preston 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Preston
    Participant

I had the tractor out yesterday readying for wagon rides so why not take a picture.  Especially since it’s the first blue sky we had in a while.   

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Preston.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Preston.

Preston
    Participant

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Really love the colours in these images and the weather looks very pleasant Preston 🙂

Preston
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia.  It was one of the fist times I was using a polarizing filter and I’m amazed with the color it adds to the sky

P71
    Participant

I know nothing about tractors but do know this one looks awesome , lovely shot Preston , i like this whole scene mate nice job.

Preston
      Participant

Thanks Patrick.  It’s a 1958 Farmall and still runs like a top.  I give most the credit to Mother Nature for the scene.  She was nice enough to throw me some puffy clouds and blue sky.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Definitely a classic International Harvester Preston. Did you do the restoration?

I know this isn’t ST but if you use PS try a levels adjustment with the blacks at 28 and the mids at 1.75 or so and see what you think.

Preston
      Participant

(Un)fortunatley I got this one already restored.  A fellow’s wife made him sell off a tractor and I was lucky enough to get it.  However I caught the bug and helped to bring a Ferguson back to show-shape.  Quite the learning experience.

Thanks for the levels input.  It really put some life in the tires.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Preston.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Beautiful tractor Preston. I like the first image with the tractor filling up more of the frame. But the clouds look better to me in the 2nd shot. A little whiter.

Preston
      Participant

Thanks Dave! I’m partial to the first as well.  I probably over did the saturation a bit which caused the clouds to blue.

Robert Apple

That brings back a memory or two except ours had a loader , and wasn’t near so pretty as it spent nearly every day loading feed, cleaning corrals and spreading shit, which it was fairly covered in most of the time.

Preston
      Participant

Which is why the earned the nickname Thirteen-Letter-Shit-Spreader!

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Haven’t seen a tractor for quite a while 🙂 It makes me feel nostalgic! That red color looks really vibrant and cheerful.

Preston
    Participant

Thanks Jasenka! Graham always references an article about putting red in photos, so I figured I’d give it a shot

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.