Ringed plover

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

I just love the plumage on these little guys , i wish i could have got better ( some 😉 ) catch light on that dark eye.

Some more info on the link

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/ringed-plover/

Tobie

Lovely shot Patrick! Birds with black head & eyes are always a challenge, specially if you don’t have the bird within touching distance.

Patrick
      Participant

Yes your correct mate , i was a fair bit back from the bird i never wanted to disturb it it looked busy searching for a meal.

Thanks Tobie 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Love this Patrick. The subtle tones provide a beautiful mood to the image 🙂

Patrick
        Participant

Thank you so much for your very kind comments Dahlia , when i took this image i was the only person around that sound of the water hitting the rocks and watching the bird life was bliss ;).

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Nice one Patrick. The over all light tan color of the image works with the plover perfectly.

Patrick
        Participant

Thanks so much Dave , still trying lots of new things i have picked up along the way trying to remember them in the heat of the moment sometimes gets tricky 😉 just getting out in the field with binoculars and watching is a pleasure tbh.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love this shot Patrick. The DOF combined with the angle of your shot make for a really compelling image. Would maybe suit a high key treatment too given the minimal surrounds. The catch light thing is quite easy to do if so desired, I think there’s even a preset in LR that does it for you?

(All you needed was three more birds and you would have been Looking Over A Four Ringed Plover shot 🙂 )

Patrick
        Participant

Hi Graham , thank you very much for your lovely comments mate.

I see what you mean about minimal and that is certainly a great option i think what was going on in my head at the time was that i needed to get eye level and include some vegetation to give a sense of the birds surroundings /environment.

Thanks also for the info on the LR Presets , i have never used lightroom (not a subscription fan ) i am currently still using Luminar 3 , i must have a look at what they have in the presets library on the site ..  they might have something along the same lines.

Thanks so much to you all for the feedback 😉

Graham Hart
      Participant

Hi again Pat, I checked both LR and PS and couldn’t find the preset I was thinking of but I definitely saw one somewhere. I googled ‘catch light’ instead and there are tons of youtube vids on how to achieve it (in LR and PS) so I’m sure there’s one for Luminar out there too.

Patrick
        Participant

Thanks very much Mate , i will look at youtube thanks again Graham 😉

Beaky
      Participant

Very nice shot Pat, I love shooting sea birds (Photography of course :-)) Enjoy that new lens mate.

Patrick
        Participant

Many thanks Beaky , there is something special about the coast 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author