Rob Eyers – Canada- and Mistyisle (Jim) – NZ- meet up

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Rob Eyers – Canada- and Mistyisle (Jim) – NZ- meet up

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Mistyisle
      Participant

Great day yesterday, Judy and I met up with Rob & Paula, who are starting a tour, here in New Zealand.  They first of all came to our house in Auckland.  We took them for a tour in our car, up to Piha, on the rugged West Coast of Auckland side.  Walked on the black sand, had lunch in the local store.  Then went to Arataki, a marvellous lookout and amazing Information Site and centre.  Three went on a bush walk, for an hour or so.  Finished the day at 7.30pm – after 10 hours, during which we never ran out of conversation! Photo taken on the deck of our house. Robert, please note the yuccas! Rob is on your left – the good looking one!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Mistyisle.
      Patrick
      Participant

Thank you for sharing these photos , Rob sure knows how to pick the locations 😉 .. Have a lovely time folks it looks gorgeous.

Mistyisle
        Participant

Good call, Pat, close, but no cigar! Rob & Paula are in our territory and we identified the location, here in New Zealand. Great time by all! 😀

Ha! I love these mini meetups that everyone is having lately.

Graham Hart
      Participant

I agree Rob. Great to hear that a full day’s fun was had by all too. Have you filled all your scandisks yet Rob? 🙂

Rob Eyers
        Participant

We’ve a  long way to go on this trip Graham. I’m sure the cards will be jammed by the end.

Awesome! So glad that we are able to connect in this way – I have done it with a couple of light stalkers and it is always a great experience.

Hoping to meet a few more this year!

Mistyisle
      Participant

Which reminds me, David, you and I nearly met up. Next time! 🙂

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Have a great time, folks! We need more meetups like this one 🙂

davidc
      Participant

Great stuff.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Wonderful!

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Not to put Jim on the spot but he and his lovely wife Judy make gracious hosts, great guides and wonderful company. We’ve planned our trip to New Zealand around the thoughtful tips that they and a couple of their friends put together for us. Although our trip is just beginning I know it will be tremendous due in no small part to their help. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to spend some time with us Jim. The pleasure was all ours!

Federico Alegria
      Participant

That is so cool! hopefully we’ll have one with @jasenkag and @dahliaambrose

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Good to see you meet up Rob and Jim. Enjoy the trip 🙂

Tersha
      Keymaster

Good to see you both having such a good time! 🙂

LeanneC
      Participant

That’s awesome! Love it.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar