Step One: Click on the share button.

Step Two: Copy the link

Step Three: Paste link into reply and submit

Stickied! Thanks @lunac73

Robbie
      Participant

🙂 Thanx Rob @admin

John Thompson

All I do is copy the url from my flickr pic and paste it in my post here.

Chrissie Bee
        Participant

I do the same thing as John and it works every time. The only time there is a problem is when you edit the photo on Flickr AFTER it’s been posted on LightStalking.

Wow – that must be new buddypress functionality @nikon-nut – nice find.

@lunac73 – you and me like to do things the hard way!

Robbie
      Participant

@nikon-nut I didn’t think of that lol great tip 🙂
      @admin You’re not wrong lol I guess that’s how we get to learn more hehe

John Thompson

I have not done any coding for almost 15 years but computers used to be my life starting in 1983 on. I tought myself assembly language programming using the “debug” program that was shipped with the first versions of DOS. My first programming job was in ’85 as an assembly language programmer and then went to C. The last system I worked on was IBM RISC 6 machines running AIX 3.3. Now I just try to figure out how to get stuff off and onto my kindel!! LOL.

Gordon James
      Participant

It used to be that if you copied the URL from flickr you got a link pasted in to whatever site you wore using, whilst using the flickr share function as demo’d by @lunac73 you got a small sized copy of the image as the link. Does this still work the same? Below, the first posting is the URL, the second the share…

Ber-78-Cloistered couple

Ber-78-Cloistered couple

In the Reply To: box the first just whows a link, the second a load of HTML. Wonder how they will both render…

Shammy
        Participant

They look the same to me. I’m using an iPad …

Gordon James
      Participant

How interesting! No more text URL links. Incidentally, I selected medium size for the second image from flickr.

TestUser
      Participant

Testing a reply

Shammy
      Participant

Okay, my question is, how do you paste a comment or the EXIF info when you post an image? Can you add text after you paste in the HTML code?

@shammy – Yes, you can post both the code and some comments after or before it. 🙂

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

@admin I am no longer getting email notifications for follow-up replies. Any ideas?

@el-dub – Nope. Will look into it.

Hey @lunac73 – Wanna redo this thread with the paste a link trick in? It’s probably simpler.

Robbie
      Participant

Yeah that’s cool Rob @admin 🙂 you mean with what I put and with what @nikon-nut put? Does seem a little pointless posting what I put now but it does allow to post a very small image also lol

John Thompson

Like this?????

test

@lunac73 – lol – I think the larger images might be preferable. 😉

Robbie
      Participant
      Robbie
      Participant

@admin new one done Rob, let me know if it’s no good 🙂

Snap812
      Participant

Test

This only works for flickr, or for other links as well?

@snap812 – It will work for any service that offers a html embed option. (Flickr, Instagram and 500px) but I think Flickr is the only one where pasting the flat url will work.

Psycadelicangel
      Participant
      Jason van Wyk
      Participant
      Jason van Wyk
      Participant
      Jason van Wyk
      Participant
      Paul
      Participant

Anonymous

This topic should be updated as flickr (as far as I can see) no longer offers the “HTML” option you use above.

Foxx
      Participant

let’s see if this works
      One of my favourites.

Anonymous

Well, if you only wanted a link in your post, yes, it worked. But if you wanted to embed the image, no, it did not work.

Gordon James
      Participant

The image is set to ‘Private’ on flickr, which is probably why it didn’t embed.

Anonymous

Ah, I’d not noticed that. So which of the flickr options would you copy and paste to have the image embed?
        The “grab link” or “html embed” or “BBCode”? Thanks, i want to post soon, but don’t just want to have a link show up.

Tobie

“html embed”

Anonymous

Thank you sir!

Gordon James
      Participant

Just copy the URL and paste into the box on LS…

balcer17
      Participant

birds, v for the birds

Tersha
        Keymaster

Hi, Rob, @balcer17, cool shot ….. were you just practicing here, ‘cos it worked fine. If you meant for it to be in a general forum, try reposting into ‘General Photo Chitchat’, and you’ll get a better response. Unless you want some critique, in that case repost into the ‘Shark Tank’. 🙂

SnowQueen
      Participant

This is a test to see if I can embed from dpreview. If not, I’ll delete it–assuming I can edit my posts. Can one edit posts here?

Say, what is the img tag in the list above the reply box for? Testing it here.

fall colors

SnowQueen
        Participant

Replying to myself–looks like the image tag will allow you to “add” the url for a photo and display it in your messages on the list. So….

Does the picture show for others?

SnowQueen
      Participant

Guess the title should be “Sharing form some site other than Flickr.”

If the img tag from the bar above the reply box allows us to place an image into our posts, why would we need to use an embed html code from Flickr or elsewhere? I guess what I am asking is–is it OK to post photos this way–using the img tag.

Testing from another source.

Edit: Nope–doesn’t always work. Strange.

SnowQueen
      Participant

Sorry–trying again.

Edit: Nope again. Oh well.

des2568
      Participant

Dead wood!

Jemmy
      Participant

Hi, I’m very new here. Is it imperative to have a Flickr or Imgur account to upload a photo? Can I just upload from my computer? I can’t seem to find the answer to this very basic question, sorry.

Tobie

Yes @yemmy you need to upload to a 3rd party site offering you share script which you can then embed in your post here. flickr and imgur are the most used sites used by us for that purpose (you don’t have to be a subscribed member in case of imgur – you can just upload and share).

Robert Apple

<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
      I see this after a lot of posts. When you copy the link from the flickr share routine depending on what browser you are using this script can appear at the end of the link information, Light Stalkings forum does not recognize this as valid code when posting photos, and this code in fact is not needed. it will always start with <script and end with script> so go ahead and delete this line of code as seen at the top of this post and all will be fine.

Tobie

Just an update to the current situation: the Share script rarely works for displaying your image. Rather click on Embed and copy the relevant script into your post.

Lloyd
      Participant

Will the lightstalking site accept Bit.ly or link shortening links?

cathyharper
      Participant

Azalea in the Evening

Test

bucweeet
      Participant

Testing to see if I’m doing it correctly….

Still keeping an eye on me.

rramsell
      Participant

Just checking to see how this works. Do I need to add the EXIF data or is is already included?
      IMGP5619cw

Tobie

It’s already included on flickr but not everyone necessarily wants to go flickr. So, for the Shark Tank specifically this is my version: you could be a gentleman and repeat the EXIF data in your post – or you can force your viewer to look it up in flickr.

For all non-shark-tank posts you could add it if you feel like it but since you’re not expecting your viewer to crit your shot, it’s quite acceptable not to add it. Nice shot, by the way…

conkerwood
      Participant

Just doing a check to see which is the best way to do this

https://flic.kr/p/eYEGFq

Tobie

The Share script does not always work (it does in this case). The Embed script never fails to the best of my knowledge.

Nice shot!

Erna
      Participant

May092016_0035.jpg<

Erna
      Participant

May122016_0046.jpg

Sharon S Graham
      Participant
      Tobie

@sharonsgraham Sharon you’ve copied the URL to your flickr profile. Check Forum FAQs top right for instructions on embedding your images if needed.

John Light
      Participant

Testing reply and sharing! =)

Next step. The top is assured, but effort is needed to not faint.

Tobie

Success, John!

lico 943
      Participant

STA CLARA PATIO HDR ARTE OLEO EDIT-001

lico 943
      Participant

My first contribution, Storm Cloud over convent ruins in Antigua Guatemala City, in Guatemala, Cental America…I hope the posting was done properlly…

lico 943
      Participant

This are the ruins of the church, at St. Clare Convent ruins in Antigua Guatemala City, in Guatemala, Central America…hdr photo

NAVE STA CLARA CORO HDR 1OLEO EDIT

Tobie

Nice shots @lico43! Post them in the Chit Chat forum as more people will see them there!

jessemobley
      Participant

DSC_0009_10_11_12_13_14

Testing

Jacqui Jay
      Participant

New member, working my way round the site.
      Testing loading from Flickr.

Ill Met by Moonlight<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Don’t know why some of the code is showing beneath the picture?

Pink
      Participant

sunset after the rain

Pink
      Participant

sunset after the rain

Justo Gomez
      Participant

I am a new member testing uploading from 5oopx
      https://500px.com/photo/185797635/san-antonio-lighthouse-by-justo-g%C3%B3mez
      Does it work?

Justo Gomez
      Participant
      Justo Gomez
      Participant

new test embed
      San Antonio Lighthouse<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Tobie

Success. The <script> tag always remains – you can delete it just after pasting it into your post, if you want to make it look a little ‘cleaner’.

Justo Gomez
      Participant

I see. Thanks.

ElinL
      Participant

TEST
      Transit - selfie by Elin Laxdal on 500px.com

Rob Eyers
      Participant

TEST

_DSF7244.jpg

_DSF7244.jpg

Mistyisle
      Participant

How can I best share a complete album from Flickr please?

I am not sure that’s even possible, @mistyisle

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjwJj4Mo

Nope, doesn’t embed. Is that what you meant?

Mistyisle
      Participant

Thanks Rob, Ideally I would have liked to have the photos show right away, however I am happy just for the link to the album to work. However when I tried for my Orakei Karako album, see separate thread, pasting the link above the Flickr album didn’t work. Had to do a workaround whereby I showed all my albums, only 3 in Flickr, and asked viewers to choose the left of these.

When Judy and I go on holiday then I post my photos to Google Photos and invite various people to view them. However, as I understand it, photos from Google Photos will not embed in other sites. I will need to have some think about whether I continue to use both Google and Flickr, and if so, which images to put on each. Life is complicated !! 🙁

Sue T
      Participant

Can you put up a link from your website instead of signing up for a Flickr account ? Yesterday I uploaded my photo from my computer. Sorry

I can’t fix that blooper because there is no edit button on my post.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

No worry Sue. This thread goes back in time and things at Lightstalking have changed as admin has improved the site. As it is right now you can load an image directly from you computer.

However Flickr is free and a link to an image there allows others to see your camera settings etc. What ever works for you is fine. The main thing is that you are able to post your images here somehow.

Sue T
        Participant

Thank you Rob, I think I will go sign up for a flickr account today :o)

1gregory1
      Participant
        Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

@gregory-2 Please check the response to your post here in the forums. We have posted instructions with screenshots 🙂

Anonymous
Viewing 74 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar