- This topic has 92 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 days, 10 hours ago by Anonymous.
- September 27, 2014 at 4:29 pm #152515
Sharing from Flickr.
Step One: Click on the share button.
Step Two: Copy the link
Step Three: Paste link into reply and submit
- September 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm #152521
- September 28, 2014 at 3:28 am #152540
- October 1, 2014 at 11:26 pm #153205
All I do is copy the url from my flickr pic and paste it in my post here.
- October 2, 2014 at 12:37 am #153214
- October 2, 2014 at 12:37 am #153215
- October 2, 2014 at 12:38 am #153216
- October 2, 2014 at 3:33 am #153236
- October 2, 2014 at 11:32 am #153275
I have not done any coding for almost 15 years but computers used to be my life starting in 1983 on. I tought myself assembly language programming using the “debug” program that was shipped with the first versions of DOS. My first programming job was in ’85 as an assembly language programmer and then went to C. The last system I worked on was IBM RISC 6 machines running AIX 3.3. Now I just try to figure out how to get stuff off and onto my kindel!! LOL.
- October 3, 2014 at 6:46 am #153380
It used to be that if you copied the URL from flickr you got a link pasted in to whatever site you wore using, whilst using the flickr share function as demo’d by @lunac73 you got a small sized copy of the image as the link. Does this still work the same? Below, the first posting is the URL, the second the share…
In the Reply To: box the first just whows a link, the second a load of HTML. Wonder how they will both render…
- October 3, 2014 at 6:48 am #153381
How interesting! No more text URL links. Incidentally, I selected medium size for the second image from flickr.
- October 7, 2014 at 8:02 pm #154096TestUserParticipant
Testing a reply
- October 10, 2014 at 10:42 pm #154649ShammyParticipant
Okay, my question is, how do you paste a comment or the EXIF info when you post an image? Can you add text after you paste in the HTML code?
- October 11, 2014 at 2:23 am #154664
- October 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm #155043
- October 14, 2014 at 1:26 am #155126
- October 14, 2014 at 1:28 am #155128
- October 14, 2014 at 11:52 am #155190
- October 14, 2014 at 4:08 pm #155220
- October 14, 2014 at 6:26 pm #155243
- October 16, 2014 at 3:45 pm #155533
- October 16, 2014 at 3:51 pm #155536
- July 7, 2015 at 10:37 am #199136
- July 8, 2015 at 7:44 pm #199318
- August 25, 2015 at 4:32 pm #204492
- October 19, 2015 at 7:48 am #209477
- October 19, 2015 at 7:47 am #209476
- October 19, 2015 at 7:48 am #209478
- October 19, 2015 at 7:49 am #209480
- October 19, 2015 at 8:21 pm #209595PaulParticipant
- October 27, 2015 at 10:53 am #210275Anonymous
This topic should be updated as flickr (as far as I can see) no longer offers the “HTML” option you use above.
- October 30, 2015 at 7:04 am #210527FoxxParticipant
- November 2, 2015 at 5:05 am #210841Anonymous
Well, if you only wanted a link in your post, yes, it worked. But if you wanted to embed the image, no, it did not work.
- November 2, 2015 at 5:17 am #210843
The image is set to ‘Private’ on flickr, which is probably why it didn’t embed.
- November 2, 2015 at 5:20 am #210844Anonymous
Ah, I’d not noticed that. So which of the flickr options would you copy and paste to have the image embed?
The “grab link” or “html embed” or “BBCode”? Thanks, i want to post soon, but don’t just want to have a link show up.
- November 2, 2015 at 6:13 am #210859
Just copy the URL and paste into the box on LS…
- November 21, 2015 at 10:24 am #212826balcer17Participant
- November 21, 2015 at 3:58 pm #212857TershaKeymaster
Hi, Rob, @balcer17, cool shot ….. were you just practicing here, ‘cos it worked fine. If you meant for it to be in a general forum, try reposting into ‘General Photo Chitchat’, and you’ll get a better response. Unless you want some critique, in that case repost into the ‘Shark Tank’. 🙂
- November 22, 2015 at 11:47 am #212924
This is a test to see if I can embed from dpreview. If not, I’ll delete it–assuming I can edit my posts. Can one edit posts here?
Say, what is the img tag in the list above the reply box for? Testing it here.
- November 22, 2015 at 11:50 am #212926
Replying to myself–looks like the image tag will allow you to “add” the url for a photo and display it in your messages on the list. So….
Does the picture show for others?
- November 22, 2015 at 12:12 pm #212927
Guess the title should be “Sharing form some site other than Flickr.”
If the img tag from the bar above the reply box allows us to place an image into our posts, why would we need to use an embed html code from Flickr or elsewhere? I guess what I am asking is–is it OK to post photos this way–using the img tag.
Testing from another source.
Edit: Nope–doesn’t always work. Strange.
- November 22, 2015 at 12:16 pm #212929
Edit: Nope again. Oh well.
- January 11, 2016 at 4:48 pm #217110des2568Participant
- February 9, 2016 at 11:39 am #220019JemmyParticipant
Hi, I’m very new here. Is it imperative to have a Flickr or Imgur account to upload a photo? Can I just upload from my computer? I can’t seem to find the answer to this very basic question, sorry.
- February 9, 2016 at 12:08 pm #220021
Yes @yemmy you need to upload to a 3rd party site offering you share script which you can then embed in your post here. flickr and imgur are the most used sites used by us for that purpose (you don’t have to be a subscribed member in case of imgur – you can just upload and share).
- February 10, 2016 at 12:07 am #220060Robert AppleModerator
<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
I see this after a lot of posts. When you copy the link from the flickr share routine depending on what browser you are using this script can appear at the end of the link information, Light Stalkings forum does not recognize this as valid code when posting photos, and this code in fact is not needed. it will always start with <script and end with script> so go ahead and delete this line of code as seen at the top of this post and all will be fine.
- February 10, 2016 at 9:04 am #220074
Just an update to the current situation: the Share script rarely works for displaying your image. Rather click on Embed and copy the relevant script into your post.
- March 1, 2016 at 11:48 am #222380LloydParticipant
Will the lightstalking site accept Bit.ly or link shortening links?
- March 7, 2016 at 8:21 pm #222900cathyharperParticipant
- March 10, 2016 at 11:06 am #223250bucweeetParticipant
Testing to see if I’m doing it correctly….
- April 4, 2016 at 1:31 pm #251519rramsellParticipant
- April 4, 2016 at 1:50 pm #251520
It’s already included on flickr but not everyone necessarily wants to go flickr. So, for the Shark Tank specifically this is my version: you could be a gentleman and repeat the EXIF data in your post – or you can force your viewer to look it up in flickr.
For all non-shark-tank posts you could add it if you feel like it but since you’re not expecting your viewer to crit your shot, it’s quite acceptable not to add it. Nice shot, by the way…
- April 20, 2016 at 2:09 am #253273conkerwoodParticipant
Just doing a check to see which is the best way to do this
- April 20, 2016 at 2:21 am #253277
The Share script does not always work (it does in this case). The Embed script never fails to the best of my knowledge.
- May 18, 2016 at 1:36 pm #256608
- May 18, 2016 at 1:40 pm #256610
- June 7, 2016 at 12:48 pm #258483
- June 7, 2016 at 1:43 pm #258488
- July 6, 2016 at 5:21 am #261135John LightParticipant
- July 6, 2016 at 5:42 am #261137
- August 17, 2016 at 11:31 pm #265098
- August 17, 2016 at 11:33 pm #265099
My first contribution, Storm Cloud over convent ruins in Antigua Guatemala City, in Guatemala, Cental America…I hope the posting was done properlly…
- August 17, 2016 at 11:36 pm #265100
- August 18, 2016 at 1:33 am #265106
- August 30, 2016 at 3:32 am #266016jessemobleyParticipant
- September 6, 2016 at 10:56 am #266526Jacqui JayParticipant
- October 5, 2016 at 1:22 pm #268629
- November 16, 2016 at 6:04 am #272596
- November 16, 2016 at 6:09 am #272599
- December 12, 2016 at 5:11 am #275143
I am a new member testing uploading from 5oopx
Does it work?
- December 12, 2016 at 5:42 am #275144
- December 12, 2016 at 5:56 am #275147
- December 12, 2016 at 10:48 am #275177
Success. The <script> tag always remains – you can delete it just after pasting it into your post, if you want to make it look a little ‘cleaner’.
- December 12, 2016 at 11:42 am #275178
I see. Thanks.
- February 22, 2017 at 11:51 am #291329ElinLParticipant
- February 23, 2017 at 8:53 am #291432Rob EyersParticipant
- May 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm #299630MistyisleParticipant
How can I best share a complete album from Flickr please?
- May 24, 2017 at 8:21 pm #299635
- May 24, 2017 at 8:21 pm #299636
Nope, doesn’t embed. Is that what you meant?
- May 24, 2017 at 8:30 pm #299643MistyisleParticipant
Thanks Rob, Ideally I would have liked to have the photos show right away, however I am happy just for the link to the album to work. However when I tried for my Orakei Karako album, see separate thread, pasting the link above the Flickr album didn’t work. Had to do a workaround whereby I showed all my albums, only 3 in Flickr, and asked viewers to choose the left of these.
When Judy and I go on holiday then I post my photos to Google Photos and invite various people to view them. However, as I understand it, photos from Google Photos will not embed in other sites. I will need to have some think about whether I continue to use both Google and Flickr, and if so, which images to put on each. Life is complicated !! 🙁
- November 21, 2017 at 4:50 pm #314764Sue TParticipant
Can you put up a link from your website instead of signing up for a Flickr account ? Yesterday I uploaded my photo from my computer. Sorry
I can’t fix that blooper because there is no edit button on my post.
- November 21, 2017 at 6:53 pm #314771Rob EyersParticipant
No worry Sue. This thread goes back in time and things at Lightstalking have changed as admin has improved the site. As it is right now you can load an image directly from you computer.
However Flickr is free and a link to an image there allows others to see your camera settings etc. What ever works for you is fine. The main thing is that you are able to post your images here somehow.
- March 19, 2020 at 7:09 pm #435767
- March 20, 2020 at 1:50 am #435783
- March 24, 2020 at 4:29 pm #436323
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.