You all like this one?

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat You all like this one?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Gordon 4 days, 21 hours ago.

• Author

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

I kinda like the Cormorants’ interaction here… Thoughts?

Mistyisle
    Participant

Three birds works well, Bruce, especially as the third one is looking in their direction.  The water seems a bit “stratified”  Hmm?

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Thanks Mistyisle! Yeah, the wind picked up a bit and was creating some ripples in the water… I’m going back tomorrow, and I hope there isn’t any wind.

Gerald Murphy
    Participant

I agree that the three birds work well. I can’t see what Bruce could have done about the water. Change position to get it level and expect the cormorants to stand still? Use a strong filter to freeze the water – and expect the birds (the real subject) to stand still? I like the water, its colour and the reflections. I think it’s a lovely photo.

I like it but I think I would prefer with just the two on the left… As is does not suck though.

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Thanks Rob! I had this one, too. But I’m working on some softness issues and still learning this lens… I love the color, but the birds are not as crisp as I want them to be…

• This reply was modified 4 days, 21 hours ago by  Bruce Gordon.

Craig
    Participant

I like it. The semi-silhouette of the birds and colors in the water. With these candid kinds of shots you get what you get. You really can’t do much for “staging”. There must be something that drew you to take it in the first place. In the case, the birds reactions. 😉

beth
    Participant

it looks like that’s their version of the water cooler.  they’re just standing around gossiping.  very cool shot, i love the grouping of the birds.  the bright yellow reflection in the water adds a lot of energy to the photo.

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Thanks Beth! Talk about hanging around the water cooler; you might enjoy this one… I jokingly call it ‘The Three Amigos.’

It’s an amazing location I found. It’s a late afternoon sun on the left side of the frame the left, so it lights the foreground. The yellow is a reflection of a tree with yellow leaves brightly backlit by the sun, so it’s really bright, and makes a great reflection. I’ve been there several times, and will go again. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 days, 22 hours ago by  Bruce Gordon.
      • This reply was modified 4 days, 22 hours ago by  Bruce Gordon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.