- August 11, 2019 at 11:03 pm #416648
I was catching grass hoppers for bait as we fished the creek below this scene and rather liked the way the clouds were filtering the light falling on the hill side. So quick shot with the cell phone and back to catching bugs.
- August 12, 2019 at 1:04 pm #416724Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Brilliant colours and clouds Robert. Looks like a beautiful day 🙂
- August 13, 2019 at 10:41 am #416808
- August 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm #416739John ThompsonModerator
Nice Robert. What a great day.
- August 13, 2019 at 10:42 am #416811
- August 12, 2019 at 9:35 pm #416774Dave WatkinsParticipant
A beautiful Wyoming landscape. Looks like a perfect spot for a buffalo jump.
- August 13, 2019 at 10:44 am #416814
Thanks Dave, there are many Buffalo Jumps in this area.
- August 14, 2019 at 12:04 am #416854
Errm, ‘scuse the ignorant Aussie but what is a Buffalo Jump? Why don’t they just walk around it?
- August 14, 2019 at 12:11 am #416855
Native peoples would herd the buffalo up these cliffs and run them off the edge to their death as a means of hunting.
- August 19, 2019 at 12:26 am #417129
Ah, a sort of beefy lemmings thing. Poor critters, what a way to go. I suppose the meat would be pre-tenderised though 🙂
- August 18, 2019 at 3:17 pm #417100TershaKeymaster
Graham, I’ve just watched a film called ‘Alpha’, about early man, not the best film in the world, but watchable, anyway, there was a buffalo jump in it!
- August 19, 2019 at 12:29 am #417130
Thanks Diane, I checked out youtube and I only saw the trailer for it but it looks kinda cool. I thought it might have been an old film but it looks like a new release.
- August 18, 2019 at 3:21 pm #417102TershaKeymaster
Great place to be out and about Robert!
- August 18, 2019 at 11:54 pm #417123
It’s was Diane, would love to live here, there is an old cabin on the hill.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.