Catching bugs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Apple

I was catching grass hoppers for bait as we fished the creek below this scene and rather liked the way the clouds were filtering the light falling on the hill side. So quick shot with the cell phone and back to catching bugs.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Brilliant colours and clouds Robert. Looks like a beautiful day 🙂

John Thompson

Nice Robert.  What a great day.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

A beautiful Wyoming landscape. Looks like a perfect spot for a buffalo jump.

Robert Apple

Thanks Dave, there are many Buffalo Jumps in this area.

Graham Hart
          Participant

Errm, ‘scuse the ignorant Aussie but what is a Buffalo Jump? Why don’t they just walk around it?

Robert Apple

Native peoples would herd the buffalo up these cliffs and run them off the edge to their death as a means of hunting.

Graham Hart
              Participant

Ah, a sort of beefy lemmings thing. Poor critters, what a way to go. I suppose the meat would be pre-tenderised though 🙂

Tersha
            Keymaster

Graham, I’ve just watched a film called ‘Alpha’, about early man, not the best film in the world, but watchable, anyway, there was a buffalo jump in it!

Graham Hart
              Participant

Thanks Diane, I checked out youtube and I only saw the trailer for it but it looks kinda cool. I thought it might have been an old film but it looks like a new release.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Great place to be out and about Robert!

Robert Apple

It’s was Diane, would love to live here, there is an old cabin on the hill.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.