- February 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm #432702
Is anyone else having problems with Nik disappearing in the Filters tab in PS CC 2020? I have tried reinstalling without success. The only Nik I use is Silver FX for b&w.
- February 23, 2020 at 8:33 pm #432829Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
I think I am the only person who doesn’t use it.
- February 23, 2020 at 8:55 pm #432832
I should probable get back to doing them by hand rather than rely on NIK. Then it would not matter.
- February 24, 2020 at 3:42 am #432845Charmaine JoubertParticipant
I had the same problem. Open photoshop then under file click on Automate. Nik should appear there, click on Nik and it should come right……hopefully:)
- February 24, 2020 at 10:02 am #432872
It does not appear under Automate which I use all the time for panos. Strange.
- February 24, 2020 at 8:20 pm #432961Graham HartParticipant
I updated a while ago to PS 2020 and the Nik Collection appears under my filters menu no problems? (mind you I have the old free version)
- February 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm #432964
Mine is the old free version as well. I actually bought it back in the day and downloaded again when it was free. That is what I reinstalled it from, the cd I created with the install .exe.
while I was typing this I had an idea. I did some looking via file explorer and did some copy and pasting and Viola! I have NIK. Stupid me!!!
- February 26, 2020 at 11:30 pm #433208MistyisleParticipant
Well, John, not to rub salt into the wound, but the old free Nik works fine on Affinity Photo (updated today to V1.8). Like you, I only use Silver Efex for B&W, which quickly gives me a great starting point, which I can then adjust.
Now, if I was crass, I would suggest that the time is right to switch to Affinity Photo (though I still use Lightroom 6 as my DAM). However, as I am a caring fellow, I would not do that! 😉
- February 27, 2020 at 11:18 am #433242
I think I have to much time invested in my PS education to switch. I have solved the NIK problem with some copy and paste. Not sure why I had the problem but it is solved.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.