Nik On CC 2020

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John Thompson

Is anyone else having problems with Nik disappearing in the Filters tab in PS CC 2020?  I have tried reinstalling without success.  The only Nik I use is Silver FX for b&w.

I think I am the only person who doesn’t use it.

Federico Alegria
        Participant

I don’t use it either, but I tried it long time ago, when it was still Nik’s, I don’t know who owes it now…

John Thompson

I should probable get back to doing them by hand rather than rely on NIK.  Then it would not matter.

Charmaine Joubert
        Participant

I had the same problem. Open photoshop then under file click on Automate. Nik should appear there, click on Nik and it should come right……hopefully:)

John Thompson

It does not appear under Automate which I use all the time for panos.  Strange.

Graham Hart
      Participant

I updated a while ago to PS 2020 and the Nik Collection appears under my filters menu no problems? (mind you I have the old free version)

John Thompson

Mine is the old free version as well.  I actually bought it back in the day and downloaded again when it was free.  That is what I reinstalled it from, the cd I created with the install .exe.

while I was typing this I had an idea.  I did some looking via file explorer and did some copy and pasting and Viola!  I have NIK.  Stupid me!!!

Mistyisle
      Participant

Well, John, not to rub salt into the wound, but the old free Nik works fine on Affinity Photo (updated today to V1.8).  Like you, I only use Silver Efex for B&W, which quickly gives me a great starting point, which I can then adjust.

Now, if I was crass, I would suggest that the time is right to switch to Affinity Photo (though I still use Lightroom 6 as my DAM).  However, as I am a caring fellow, I would not do that!  😉

John Thompson

I think I have to much time invested in my PS education to switch.  I have solved the NIK problem with some copy and paste.  Not sure why I had the problem but it is solved.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar