Reykjanestá at midnight

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Vincenzo
      Participant

I haven’t posted anything in a while and I wanted to share some pics of my recent trip to Iceland. I will keep my best shots for later and I want to share first the ones I’m less convinced about. This shot was taken at around midnight in this mighty place that is Reykjanestá. Due to the limited duration of my trip I had to visit this spot at night (also to catch aurora…more to come soon).

In this shot I wanted to put more emphasis on the icy foreground but I’m not sure it is powerful enough. I like the pic mood since it well reflects the mystic atmosphere of that night with almost full moon. I’m not completely satisfied of the background but I was expecting exactly this by using a large aperture.

I could also have worked more in postprocessing but I wasn’t sure about the potential of the pic.

I’m really willing to read some of your comments and thoughts about this shot.

Thank you in advance.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I like the location and composition. The contrast is quite flat. I’m not sure if that was intentional on your part?

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Hi Vincenzo, the contrast is indeed rather flat.
      The bright foreground takes too much of my attention. I would burn that a bit.
      The white dots in the sky look to me like dust, not stars so I would clone them out.
      Something like this:

Petr Nowak
      Participant

As others have said: too low contrast. I like Eriks edit.

Vincenzo
      Participant

Thank you very much. I agree with you and I will modify the picture. However, with respect to @Erik edit, I would rather prefer some selective adjustments on the sky because I like the bright ice in the foreground. I agree with you about the stars.

Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author