snaefellsnes by air

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beth 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

a couple of mavic 2 pro shots taken on snaefellsnes.  i didn’t take the drone out as much as i would have liked due to the rain.  we fly in rain at work because we have to for incidents and we’ve had a few issues from time to time.  i probably could have used it during the lighter periods of rainfall but with my personal drone i’m a little more cautious.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Very interesting view of the bridge and it’s ramp Beth.

beth
      Participant

thanks rob.  this was on the northern part of snaefellsnes, rt 54 heading west towards kirkjufell.  if you were in the area you probably crossed this bridge.

Robert Apple

Nice shots with a new perspective.

beth
      Participant

thanks robert.  the first one is fairly original – i think.  the second one isn’t, i stole it from the internet after my mom found it online and fell in love with the idea that someone turned a bridge into a viking sword.

Craig
    Participant

Quite Lovely, Beautiful clouds. Interesting drone images, I had a consumer Yuneec Q500 4K drone at one time, gave it to my son-in-law. I thought the camera was total crap. Never got anything near as good as these. 😉

beth
      Participant

thanks.  the mavic 2 pro is another consumer drone.  4k video, which doesn’t interest me much.  but the sensor is an aps-c sensor, the same as in most crop sensor dslr and mirrorless cameras.  they stuck a hasselblad lens on the front (it might have been made by hasselblad but that’s about where that relationship ends).  all in all it’s a noisy sensor that gives out not quite sharp images that can sorta be polished into something that may or may not print well at 8×10″.  the photos from the mavic 2 pro are slightly better than what you can get from similar drones.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.