Thanks Rob (Admin)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John Thompson

I reworked this photo after seeing one of Robs daily emails with a similar pic.  I added rain using two layers.  One with small rain drops and one with larger ones.  I am not sure I like it.

This needs to be viewed large to see the effects I have added.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Hi John, on first glance (smaller version) it looks quite OK but when viewed large it looked a bit less real, almost like a weird meteor shower rather than rain. I think it might be because all the rain is in a single plane and looks too consistent rather than the random nature and dof seen with the real stuff. Also, the drops seem a little too bright and slightly larger than I would expect. Being picky I know but since you’re not sure you like it, I wondered if my comments strike any chords with you?

John Thompson

Thank you Graham this is just what I was thinking but I wanted others opinions.  I should have posted in the ST but I put it here instead.

I don’t dislike it at all. I’d probably take the opacity on the drops down a bit but I would be seriously experimenting with this.

Was this the rainy night editing email? lol

Tom M
      Participant

I agree with what Graham said….

Tersha
      Keymaster

I quite like it, though it’s not totally realistic. Like Rob said, I think the raindrops need to be more translucent.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar