- February 22, 2020 at 8:17 pm #432713
I reworked this photo after seeing one of Robs daily emails with a similar pic. I added rain using two layers. One with small rain drops and one with larger ones. I am not sure I like it.
This needs to be viewed large to see the effects I have added.
- This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by John Thompson.
- February 23, 2020 at 6:35 pm #432821Graham HartParticipant
Hi John, on first glance (smaller version) it looks quite OK but when viewed large it looked a bit less real, almost like a weird meteor shower rather than rain. I think it might be because all the rain is in a single plane and looks too consistent rather than the random nature and dof seen with the real stuff. Also, the drops seem a little too bright and slightly larger than I would expect. Being picky I know but since you’re not sure you like it, I wondered if my comments strike any chords with you?
- February 23, 2020 at 8:54 pm #432831
Thank you Graham this is just what I was thinking but I wanted others opinions. I should have posted in the ST but I put it here instead.
- February 23, 2020 at 8:31 pm #432827Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
I don’t dislike it at all. I’d probably take the opacity on the drops down a bit but I would be seriously experimenting with this.
Was this the rainy night editing email? lol
- February 23, 2020 at 8:52 pm #432830
It was just this past week I think.
- February 24, 2020 at 12:40 pm #432901Tom MParticipant
I agree with what Graham said….
- February 24, 2020 at 3:11 pm #432916TershaKeymaster
I quite like it, though it’s not totally realistic. Like Rob said, I think the raindrops need to be more translucent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.