- January 4, 2020 at 6:40 am #428276
It’s a New Year, so anything that shows new beginnings…
new babies (human or animal), new flower buds, or photos with a new lens, photos with a new (to you) style.
Inspire us to be positive in 2020!
5 Ways to Infuse Inspiration and New Life into Your Photography. by Sheen Watkins
Here Are Sheen Watkins’ New Year’s Resolutions. by Sheen Watkins
19 Baby Shots That Will Make You Smile. by Mike Panic
- January 4, 2020 at 9:24 am #428280
I’d never used a “globe”. A friend brought hers along when we did an evening shoot together last night. I brought along only one lens (50mm), because I am trying to make myself get used to it..
- This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Pat Garrett.
- January 4, 2020 at 11:52 am #428282Gray BParticipant
Well, this is a great start to the challenge Pat. And, this is a very good pic. Keep working your 50mm.
- January 4, 2020 at 12:56 pm #428284Charmaine JoubertParticipant
A bonnie baby rhino. The mom is dehorned to protect it from poachers.
- January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm #428290Tom MParticipant
A new experiment in Photoshop for me, a composite of 2 opposite type photos of mine. One a city skyline combined with a country photo of cows in a field. I titled it for entry into my camera club photo contest “Heading To The City”. Does it work?
- This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Tom M.
- January 4, 2020 at 1:25 pm #428291
- January 4, 2020 at 3:49 pm #428309
- January 4, 2020 at 2:10 pm #428297PatrickParticipant
Beautiful Pat nice creative photo ;).
Wishing you each a great new year , new camera and lens at end of month can’t wait to get my new beginnings going ;).
Charmaine , tom , Leanne .. liking all these photos guys lovely work.
- January 4, 2020 at 2:15 pm #428299Holly KParticipant
Tom: Great photo. I did a double-take with cattle vs. skyscrapers!
- January 4, 2020 at 6:02 pm #428314
Thank you Leanne
- January 4, 2020 at 6:04 pm #428315
Thank you, Tersha and Gray – I’m not “nesting” again. Screen flickers like it will nest and then flicks to this screen…
- January 4, 2020 at 6:06 pm #428316
@Charmaine what a lovely “maternal” image.
- January 4, 2020 at 6:07 pm #428317
@Tom – I like it too. A touch of humor here but also equally plausible in some parts of the country.
- January 4, 2020 at 6:08 pm #428318
- January 4, 2020 at 6:11 pm #428319
- January 4, 2020 at 6:38 pm #428320David ChesterfieldModerator
- January 4, 2020 at 6:51 pm #428321DaveGillespieParticipant
Lovely images all. I acquired a nifty 50 over Christmas, and am soooo glad I have this lens. I am looking forward to many happy hours of shooting with it.
- January 4, 2020 at 8:57 pm #428326
Terrific globe shot Pat. I think the high contrast sepia tone look adds a kind of mysterious feeling to the image.
- January 4, 2020 at 9:14 pm #428327
My replies not nesting right either so…
Another beautiful wild life image Charmaine. Very touching.
“Heading to the City” works for me Tom. I think the two shots you chose work well together.
“Future’s so Bright” “I’ve got to wear shades.” 🙂 Great double exposure Leanne. Strawflower looks like a sunburst. Perfect choice to double with sun glasses.
I like the color combo, composition and bokeh of your shot DaveGillespie. Looks like you’re off to a great start with your nifty 50.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Dave Watkins.
- January 4, 2020 at 9:18 pm #428328
A tiny fresh mushroom on a moss covered tree branch.
- January 5, 2020 at 12:50 am #428329DaveGillespieParticipant
Great shot Dave Watkins! lots of fresh, green colour.
- January 5, 2020 at 2:32 am #428331
- January 5, 2020 at 3:49 am #428332Andre P.Participant
Young moss shoots
- January 5, 2020 at 3:48 pm #428357
Thanks DaveGillespie. 🙂
- January 5, 2020 at 5:28 pm #428363PrestonParticipant
New lease on life
My sister found these quick sale, half-dead cacti at the home improvement store.
- January 5, 2020 at 5:40 pm #428364PrestonParticipant
Tom – @tojomor I think the composite works well. If I didn’t know any better I’d believe the cows are actually heading to the city. Good work!
Dave G – @davegillespie The nifty 50 is a fun time! I’ve been shooting with one since October and love it. Great way to capture all the layers in the tree. For a simple subject, you sure made it dynamic.
Pat – @patography I love your contrast of light and dark, especially the void the hand makes in the image.
Charmaine – @joubie Your wildlife photos never cease to amaze me! Suck a delicate moment between mother and baby. It’s sad however that she needs to be dehorned.
- January 5, 2020 at 10:41 pm #428366MistyisleParticipant
He/she is very cute, Charmaine! VG photo.
- January 5, 2020 at 10:42 pm #428367
- January 6, 2020 at 11:31 pm #428433
@preston like the texture in those cacti and a spot of color.
- January 6, 2020 at 11:36 pm #428435
Trying out my new mirrorless and so far liking it very much. A very new experience for me. I’ve only taken a few images with it so far. Took this yesterday and I guess it could be symbolic of our intent for 2020 – simplify simplify simplify. “Pine Needles and Ice Chips”
- January 7, 2020 at 8:09 am #428450JasenkaGKeymaster
These ice chips look quite artistic! Great shot, Pat.
- January 7, 2020 at 8:15 am #428452
Thank you, Jasenka.
- January 7, 2020 at 11:47 pm #428507BobbieParticipant
Very touching image Charmaine. He/she looks so small and vulnerable but is definitely protected and loved.
- January 7, 2020 at 11:49 pm #428508
- January 8, 2020 at 2:42 am #428511
- January 8, 2020 at 1:28 pm #428549PatrickParticipant
- January 8, 2020 at 2:32 pm #428553
- January 8, 2020 at 6:50 pm #428561
Nice job! The two images work well on many levels, and the concept is so plausible I would never have guessed it’s a composite. The contrasting colors are a great touch as well.
- January 8, 2020 at 6:51 pm #428562
Great image, Dave. So delicate!
- January 8, 2020 at 6:52 pm #428564
Awww. New family member!
- January 8, 2020 at 10:25 pm #428571Holly KParticipant
Using a new close-up filter
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.