- November 29, 2019 at 2:24 pm #426349
I have been well and truly bitten by the light painting bug as some of you know 😉 .. so i have been practicing a mushroom shape i would like to perfect as i have some ideas where i would like to compose them in the wild so to speak.
This is not to a point where i’m happy yet lots more practice is required but thought i would share were i’m up to at this point , any tips or advice is welcome , Red is a hard colour to work with.
I noticed a lot of masking brush strokes as well ( only after posting ) that’s my fault ;(.
This was during the week i was out about an hour then the rain spoilt me enjoyment.
- November 29, 2019 at 5:49 pm #426359MistyisleParticipant
Looks very good to me, Pat, though do wonder about two strong colours competing. I have never got around to trying any of this, it has always struck me as interesting, challenging – and some good fun, too. You are probably aware that the master and the person to get feedback from on light painting is DavidC?
- November 29, 2019 at 6:35 pm #426360
Hi Mistyisle , thanks for the welcome feedback mate , the colours i agree with you i left home thinking i had all my colour filters but never , i had bought a wireless shutter release and when i went to use it i realised i left the batteries at home as well .. good job the rain came lol .. i used my software to fix it a little for now.
You should have a go tons of trial and error but good fun making tools/brushes and some results will amaze you.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by P71.
- December 2, 2019 at 12:38 am #426516Bruce GordonParticipant
Fascinating! I particularly like the twist in the ‘stalk.’ If you could perfect it all the way up to the mushroom ‘cap,’it might be kind of neat. Having said that, I do like the way it fades as it goes up. kind of makes a clear delineation between stalk and cap… I like both colors of the base. You are doing really interesting work!!
- This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Bruce Gordon.
- December 2, 2019 at 10:17 am #426540Kent DuFaultParticipant
These are fantastic, Pat!
- December 2, 2019 at 10:56 am #426548Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Very nice Patrick. It has a surreal feel to it 🙂
- December 2, 2019 at 3:48 pm #426596
Thanks Kent and thank you Dahlia , Bruce , the rabbit hole is deep 🙂
- December 3, 2019 at 4:17 am #426651Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Love that Purple one. Mind if I post it to the LS page on Facebook? Happy to link wherever you like.
- December 3, 2019 at 5:27 am #426654
Hi Rob ,yes of course it would be an honour and thank you .. no need to credit it at all mate .. fire away ;).
- December 3, 2019 at 6:42 am #426657JasenkaGKeymaster
This looks fantastic 😛 A magic mushroom without psilocybin!
- December 3, 2019 at 3:01 pm #426681
Much appreciated thank you Jasenka ;).
- December 5, 2019 at 10:38 am #426776Federico AlegriaParticipant
The purple one is the best for me!
- December 5, 2019 at 12:45 pm #426792
Thanks for your feedback mate 😉
- December 9, 2019 at 6:37 pm #427164
- December 10, 2019 at 6:44 am #427181JasenkaGKeymaster
You’re really great at light painting! I don’t even know how did you do this.
- December 10, 2019 at 1:06 pm #427205
Thanks very much Jasenka , the circle was made using a long pole with some battery powered fairy lights fixed to the pole and the green was made with EL Wire and finished with a quick 2 sec blast on a low powered torch to help illuminate the cockpit.
Thanks again for looking in 😉
- This reply was modified 1 day, 6 hours ago by P71.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.