Work in progress

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      P71
      Participant

I have been well and truly bitten by the light painting bug as some of you know 😉 .. so i have been practicing a mushroom shape i would like to perfect as i have some ideas where i would like to compose them in the wild so to speak.

This is not to a point where i’m happy yet lots more practice is required but thought i would share were i’m up to at this point , any tips or advice is welcome , Red is a hard colour to work with.

I noticed a lot of masking brush strokes as well ( only after posting ) that’s my fault ;(.

This was during the week i was out about an hour then the rain spoilt me enjoyment.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by P71.
      • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by P71.
      Mistyisle
      Participant

Looks very good to me, Pat, though do wonder about two strong colours competing.  I have never got around to trying any of this, it has always struck me as interesting, challenging – and some good fun, too.  You are probably aware that the master and the person to get feedback from on light painting is DavidC?

P71
      Participant

Hi Mistyisle , thanks for the welcome feedback mate , the colours i agree with you i left home thinking i had all my colour filters but never , i had bought a wireless shutter release and when i went to use it i realised i left the batteries at home as well .. good job the rain came lol .. i used my software to fix it a little for now.

You should have a go tons of trial and error but good fun making tools/brushes and some results will amaze you.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by P71.
      Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Fascinating! I particularly like the twist in the ‘stalk.’ If you could perfect it all the way up to the mushroom ‘cap,’it might be kind of neat. Having said that, I do like the way it fades as it goes up. kind of makes a clear delineation between stalk and cap… I like both colors of the base. You are doing really interesting work!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Bruce Gordon.
      Kent DuFault
      Participant

These are fantastic, Pat!

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Very nice Patrick. It has a surreal feel to it 🙂

P71
      Participant

Thanks Kent and thank you Dahlia , Bruce , the rabbit hole is deep 🙂

Love that Purple one. Mind if I post it to the LS page on Facebook? Happy to link wherever you like.

P71
        Participant

Hi Rob ,yes of course it would be an honour and thank you .. no need to credit it at all mate .. fire away ;).

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

This looks fantastic 😛 A magic mushroom without psilocybin!

P71
        Participant

Much appreciated thank you Jasenka ;).

Federico Alegria
      Participant

The purple one is the best for me!

P71
      Participant

Thanks for your feedback mate 😉

P71
      Participant

Time Machines lol

• This reply was modified 2 days ago by P71.
      JasenkaG
      Keymaster

You’re really great at light painting! I don’t even know how did you do this.

P71
      Participant

Thanks very much Jasenka , the circle was made using a long pole with some battery powered fairy lights fixed to the pole and the green was made with EL Wire and finished with a quick 2 sec blast on a low powered torch to help illuminate the cockpit.

Thanks again for looking in 😉

• This reply was modified 1 day, 6 hours ago by P71.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.