Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Greg
      Participant

f/32, 0.6, ISO=1600, 55mm.Guess What

Greg
      Participant

Blind Art

• This reply was modified 3wk, 1d ago by Greg. Reason: Ran this copy thru Topaz Sharpen
        Greg
        Participant

Forgot to run this through Topaz’ Sharpen app. Can you tell the difference?

Can you tell what it is?

3pco
      Participant

After sharpening the noise is worse.

It shows the edge of a plate of Japanese Fried Tripe.

Greg
        Participant

Blow up the images to about 200%. I believe that the noise you refer to is actually the grain of the wallboard in the area on the left where the light hits the wall with such an extreme angle that the result is like looking at a bas relief map.

And… well, it’s not tripe. 🙂

Jasenka G
      Participant

Well, I can notice only some slight difference in the left part of the image (textured wall), but I don’t think that this sharpen app has improved the image. I actually think it looks pretty good just the way it is.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Hard to criticize such an abstraction. Maybe only the right part cuts image from the right side. I wonder how it’d look when interrupted before image edge.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

The first version is softer and noisier. The second has less noise and is crisper. Have you tried running denoising software before the sharpening. Looks like sunlight streaming through window treatment onto a wall or ceiling to me.

Greg
      Participant

That’s right, Rob, I woke up one morning and there it was — sunlight bouncing off the blind on the right and onto the wall on the left.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Beautiful abstract Greg. The texture on the wall adds to the image. Is there a reason why you chose to shoot at f/32?

Greg
      Participant

Thanks for the comments, all. Dahlia, I shot this years ago when I was new to manual mode and had only the basic idea of what aperture was. I would not shoot this at f/32 today.

If anyone didn’t catch it, this is an image of sunlight sort of bleeding out of a blind-covered window and onto a wall.

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

I understand that Greg. Thank you for replying 🙂

Greg
      Participant

Yes, Rob, the light was leaking out sideways between the blind and the wall onto the wall.

• This reply was modified 2wk, 6d ago by Greg.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author