• Author
      Falxy
      Participant

IMG_1586-Edit

hey its crap but gotta post something to offset criticism of others! 🙂

to post is to expose!! 🙂

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I like it. It’s thought-provoking and out of ordinary, which you Falxy are known for, so it follows your style.

Mistyisle
      Participant

Reminds me of that protection that bee keepers use, Duncan.  It is a challenging image!

chris pook
      Participant

I would crop right in.  You have a sharp image in focus front to back.  Cropping out the distracting background would make this a more powerful image, in my view.  Then go down 2 stops in exposure, perhaps?

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Good idea and good try. However if you are known for provoking and out-of-ordinary shots (vide Kent Du Fault) you definitely should make more:

• necklace, watch and dress doesn’t fit; get rid of necklace and watch, and use different dress; something more non-ordinary;
      • use different background; out of focus and/or other place (dark cellar?)
      Falxy
      Participant

yeah thought of getting in tighter………..but wanted the contrast of ordinary,rightly or wrongly………………not that there is.

could go on about horizontals and verticals,threes etc

comments appreciated! 🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

I like it too Falxy but with a title like that, I couldn’t help but bring out the Spooky Nun aspect. I agree with others about too many distractions when really, the mask is where its all happening.

Too much stuff in the background, but I still like this one.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

I think it’s a wonderful idea and it works great in b&w. I would crop it like this:

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Duncan, this is a very intriguing image and I like it. A tight crop would work well in my opinion 🙂

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Jasenka’s cropping suggestion is the one that truly nails it mate! Just follow her advice, you have a fantastic portrait, a bit eerie yeah, but that doesn’t diminishes its beauty. Take it to the next level with a tighter crop.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Jasenka’s crop works on many levels. Getting rid of the BG, Isolating the face and because of the tight crop suggest why she is hiding.
      I like it.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.