- November 1, 2019 at 9:15 pm #423789FalxyParticipant
- November 2, 2019 at 5:15 pm #423834Kent DuFaultParticipant
I like it. It’s thought-provoking and out of ordinary, which you Falxy are known for, so it follows your style.
- November 3, 2019 at 12:22 am #423845MistyisleParticipant
Reminds me of that protection that bee keepers use, Duncan. It is a challenging image!
- November 3, 2019 at 1:57 am #423850chris pookParticipant
I would crop right in. You have a sharp image in focus front to back. Cropping out the distracting background would make this a more powerful image, in my view. Then go down 2 stops in exposure, perhaps?
- November 3, 2019 at 7:02 am #423862Petr NowakParticipant
Good idea and good try. However if you are known for provoking and out-of-ordinary shots (vide Kent Du Fault) you definitely should make more:
- necklace, watch and dress doesn’t fit; get rid of necklace and watch, and use different dress; something more non-ordinary;
- use different background; out of focus and/or other place (dark cellar?)
- November 3, 2019 at 3:04 pm #423880FalxyParticipant
yeah thought of getting in tighter………..but wanted the contrast of ordinary,rightly or wrongly………………not that there is.
could go on about horizontals and verticals,threes etc
comments appreciated! 🙂
- November 3, 2019 at 11:10 pm #423900Graham HartParticipant
I like it too Falxy but with a title like that, I couldn’t help but bring out the Spooky Nun aspect. I agree with others about too many distractions when really, the mask is where its all happening.
- November 5, 2019 at 6:16 pm #424090Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Too much stuff in the background, but I still like this one.
- November 6, 2019 at 11:47 am #424168JasenkaGKeymaster
I think it’s a wonderful idea and it works great in b&w. I would crop it like this:
- November 6, 2019 at 1:04 pm #424171Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Hi Duncan, this is a very intriguing image and I like it. A tight crop would work well in my opinion 🙂
- November 10, 2019 at 1:40 pm #424545Federico AlegriaParticipant
Jasenka’s cropping suggestion is the one that truly nails it mate! Just follow her advice, you have a fantastic portrait, a bit eerie yeah, but that doesn’t diminishes its beauty. Take it to the next level with a tighter crop.
- November 11, 2019 at 6:27 pm #424713Erik FransmanParticipant
Jasenka’s crop works on many levels. Getting rid of the BG, Isolating the face and because of the tight crop suggest why she is hiding.
I like it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.