- February 13, 2020 at 12:17 am #431565
Another B&W shot from the city…
- February 13, 2020 at 9:51 am #431636Kent DuFaultParticipant
Interesting, Graham. This really has the appearance of an older b&w print from days gone by.
- February 13, 2020 at 10:25 pm #431711
Hi Kent, yes it does look like an old print. I didn’t really achieve my aim though. I was very conscious of the whites being blown out after some comments on an earlier post and so I added a light grey layer to the whiter areas, particularly the distant mall, but in doing so I think I lost the contrast I originally had. I wanted that patch of light in the top right corner to bleed through onto the puddles more. Over-processed methinks.
Onward and upward though 🙂
- February 13, 2020 at 5:52 pm #431691Federico AlegriaParticipant
This reminded me a bit of some of Brassaï’s work.
- February 13, 2020 at 10:33 pm #431712
Thanks Federico, had to Google him (her?) but glad you think that my pic bears a resemblance to anything from an old master. High praise indeed! I can see the similarity in some of his shots as you mention. My subject is perhaps a bit more demure though? 🙂
- February 14, 2020 at 12:48 am #431720Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Hi Graham, this image has a dramatic mood to it. Beautiful 🙂
- February 15, 2020 at 12:28 am #431877
Thanks so much Dahlia.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.