Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography Shadows by a roadside

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerald Murphy
      Participant

Tree shadows by a roadside

Gerald Murphy
      Participant

The trees are by the side of a busy dual carriageway and behind a retail park. I noticed the shadows as I drove by on Wednesday afternoon this week so I parked the car on the retail park, walked down the banking and shot this.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gerald Murphy.
      • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gerald Murphy. Reason: grammar, completeness and style
      beth
      Participant

good use of repeating lines and patterns for your comp.  the bright colors work well with the comp giving it a slightly surreal look.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I like this image Gerald. It also shows some kind of movement – not sure if it is the illusion of the shadows 🙂

Gerald Murphy
        Participant

Thanks, Dahlia. Maybe the clouds. There was certainly lots of movement on the road that I didn’t want to include!

John Thompson

Well spotted Gerald!  Proof that there are great photos everywhere!!

Gerald Murphy
      Participant

Thanks, John. Too often though I’m rushing past them in a train or a car, sometimes thinking that I should have stopped and taken the time to photograph them, sometimes making a mental note  to go back sometime to capture them. However, I rarely do -and when I do they don’t look the same. The moment has been lost.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Hi Gerald, Nice image. Good patterns and leading line.
      Always good to stop and take the picture.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.