Take time to smell the Evergreens

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Take time to smell the Evergreens

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mistyisle 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

ndjetfan
    Participant

Canon 7dii f8/ 1/200 ISO 800 100-400 @ 400
    Cropped but not much as this little fellow was only 12ft away or so.

Take time to smell the Evergreens

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

The eye is nice and sharp.  Overall I feel there’s too much tree and not enough animal.  I suggest cropping although I’m not sure if it will be effective after that, because the bottom half of his face is hiddedn behind a branch.

Tom M
    Participant

As noted, most of it’s face is blocked by the branches. If the face had been in front of the branches, you would have had a winner…

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Cute little fellow. As the others said, his face is mostly covered by the branches which spoil the image. Nasty little fellows, animals. They never listen to your directions….

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

The image really has a great feel. I agree with others about having the animal’s face more in the image. Shooting by moving further to the left would have helped, but then the animal would have moved away sometimes. We never know. Other than that, the composition and other details look very good in my opinion 🙂

ndjetfan
    Participant

I agree with everyone but in a blind 12 ft away its hard. Plus any further to the left I would have to deal with Bulls and at my age that is not going to happen since I was right on the fence line. LOL

ndjetfan
    Participant

this was just as he rounded the corner now only 10 feet away.
    Fox pup

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Yes.  This (the second shot) is THE ONE.

Frank
    Participant

Having that first image as part of a group of images of the same fox would be fine, but not so much as a stand alone wildlife photo.   Wow, I would like to see an animal that close and apparently not shy.  That must have been an exciting moment.  Second image …great!

1/200 was the right speed to stop any motion.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Love the second image a lot 🙂

Mistyisle
    Participant

The second one by light miles.  Beautiful shot with amazing detail.  Too good for ST as cannot suggest any improvement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.